iDeneb Installation Guide for Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P

i*C

40 posts in this topic

Press the <delete> when you machine starts to boot up (There should be a splash screen and some text at the bottom stating "press delete for set up" or something like that. This will get you into the BIOS and let you change the settings described. Among the options you can find will be "Integrated Peripherals". You can set the SATA controler to AHCI here. Power Management will also be one of the options.

Why do you guys not use the Vanilla 9.5 Kernel? (It is the default option during iDeneb install, if you don't select any kernel in the list). Why do you select the old or the modified kernels? With the latest vanilla kerlenl, you'll be able to update your OSx86 installation via software update with ease.

Hey

jus like to say thx for posting the guide in the 1st place. :)

I did everything you said in the 1st post.... it installed okay ..once it completed installing..

...it need to reboot when it rebooted i got this ..

02112008360lb3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Any clue where i went wrong?

btw am using iDeneb V3 10.5.5, & Vanilla Kernel isn't in the option so i ticked Kernel 9.2.2 SSE3 Patched By Modbin

Mobo: Shuttle SX38P2 Pro (x38 - ICH9)

CPU: Intel Quad Core Q9450 2.66Ghz

RAM: 8GB (4x 2GB OCZ DDR2 PC6400 800mhz)

Nvidia 9800GX2 1GB (512Mb x2)

WD 640GB - Partitioned..

- 100GB OSx86

- 540GB Media (Fat32)

thx

-a.

• 1 month later...
Hey everybody!!! As you well know iDeneb v1 is out. I have spent some time trying to install it on my machine. My first impression is great. I had no problems installing and fixing minor bugs on my computer. I have decided to write a guide on how to install iDeneb on Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P.

It is in a sense better then Kelyway 10.5.2 install for me because i don't have to separately install 10.5.3 combo update and 10.5.4 update. iDeneb is already 10.5.4 and it does support AMD machines.

Here is what you need:

• For installing OS X you will need iDeneb v1.0 OS X DVD (Also, buy a retail version at least). I cannot tell you where to get iDeneb. Google it.

• Drivers (Kext) - http://www.mediafire.com/?5azpbt8gsfq

• Shut Down Fix - http://www.mediafire.com/?o5c1upoq39d

1. Burn your iDeneb ISO to a DVD.

2. Changing BIOS Settings:

• Turn on your computer and press 'Del' key on your keyboard to enter BIOS settings.

• Navigate to 'Integrated Peripherals' hit 'Enter' and make sure that your SATA mode is set to AHCI and not 'Disabled'.

• Navigate to 'Power Management' in BIOS and change setting from S3 (default) to S1 to get sleep and/or shut down working properly.

3. Booting/Installing iDeneb:

• Place you iDeneb DVD into DVD drive and turn on/restart your computer.

• At BIOS prompt, press 'F12' and choose 'CD Drive/DVD Drive'

• At the Darwin prompt, you will read this: "Press any key to start from CD-Rom, or press F8 to enter start up options…" You need to press F8 and type '-v' (without ') and press 'Enter' to load OS X in verbose mode. After few minutes you should see this window (see picture) Click on blue arrow at the bottom (after choosing your language of course).

19294176cb5.jpg

• Here is how 'Welcome Screen' looks like (see picture) Don't click on 'Continue' button yet. You need to format your hard drive first. Go to 'Utilities → Disc utility'.

83033126bp5.jpg

• Select your hard drive at the top left corner and click on 'Erase' tab.

• Choose 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled)' from the drop down menu of 'Volume Format' and click on 'Erase' button. Confirm the erase command.

• Click on 'Partition' tab and in the 'Volume Scheme' drop down menu choose – 1 Partition. In the Name field type OSX. Leave the format option to 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

• Now, click on 'Options' button at the bottom left corner and choose 'Master Boot Record' (MBR), click on OK and hit 'Apply' at the main 'Disk Utility' window. Confirm the creation of the 'OSX' partition. Wait few moments as 'Disk Utility' works its way through.

• Close 'Disk Utility' by clicking on the red dot at the top of the 'Disk Utility' window. You are back to the 'Welcome' screen.

• Click on 'Continue' button and hit 'Agree'.

• Select destination hard drive – OSX and click on 'Continue'.

• Click on 'Customize' button on at this window prompt. (see picture)

41867841gx7.jpg

• Choose these packages: X11; under Audio, choose AC97Audio; under Chipset, don't select anything; under Kernel option, choose 9.4.0 Vanilla or you can choose 9.2.0 Sleep (I have selected 9.4.0 Vanilla); under Network (Ethernet), choose Intel 100ProVE; under Fix (SMBIOS), choose Apple SMBIOS 800 (if your Ram is 800MHz, like mine); under Fix, select Apple PS2 Controller; under Video (NVidia), expend Nvinject and choose your graphics card, if you have NVidia video card. If you have ATI, choose the appropriate kext for your card; under Applications, choose all. Click on 'Done' button.

• After you get back to 'Install Summary', click on 'Install' (you can skip checking install DVD by hitting 'skip' button).

• Installing - wait. At about one minute remaining, it will look like the installation process got stock, its normal. Just wait.

• Here is the 'Install Succeeded' window ☺. Click on 'Restart' button.

26796695fg4.jpg

After your computer boots back in, you will see the 'Intro Movie' (see picture) and short after it, you will have an opportunity to set up your personal account. Take your time to do so.

hey man please need ur help very badly i am also using these hardware

mother board:ga965p DS3

Grapghic Asus 7900GS

ram 2gb

currently having 40gb(IDE) 80gb(sata)

windows xp sp3 all updates applied

i burned the iso file downloaded from rapidshare fond the topic at this link

http://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?t=15...&highlight=

so after downloadin i have an iso file and a md5.rtf file do i need to burn that too along with the iso file?

and one more thing cause i never really knew should i burn the iso image as it is or do i need to mount it first them copy the files over..... if not i did not burn the .rtf along and as u said i changed the sata to ahci but i want o install it on ide disk and the problem i snever see any sceen propmting me when it says booting from the dvd/cd then the dvd-rom drive is reading but continues to boot up with xp and Bluescreenofdeath as i have chnged the sata configuration please guide me man i really looing forward to work on mac i will be buying the retail one once i got the hang of it and also try some functions.......please please :(:):D:D:D:(:(:(

you seem to know a lot about bios stuff, or maybe I am just guess , what effects the mac os x 10.5.5 or older versions in my bios ?

it is kind of the same as yours in some ways and others not so much evga nForce 790i SLI FTW, not sure if the ps/2 keyboard lockup problem is in the bios or software, my laptop does not have this problem but the desktop does, and I don't own a usb keyboard, one toh in iatkos 5i gets no problems but kalyway 10.5.2 does

I have yet to try iDeneb but I plan on trying it soon as possible

also note my desktop uses a BFG nvidia geforce gtx 280 1GB card, do you think their will be beta drivers or any drivers for these to get this card working under ideneb 1.3 or other versions anytime soon, also if so , where can I look for these type of drivers for it, also I be needing for pc desktop linksys drivers too which I think I seen here but yet to try them to get online with my router also does mac connection have wpa or wpa2 support for these drivers they release can I connect to such a connection with these drivers release or are their any bugs I should know about

Wireless-G PCI Adapter with SpeedBooster , WMP54GS version 1.0 this is my wireless card I use

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I just finished installing OSX on my comp ( Gigabyte ep35, Intel Core2 Quad, 4 gb Ram, Asus 9800 GT, 1Tb Hitachi deskstar HD, Sony Sata DVDR) and I saw the screen with green check Instalation succed or something, but after reboot I get Grey screen with message "You must restart tour computer..."

any idea?

Hello

I wanted to say,, thats a really good job...

and I`ve got some trouble here,,,

my hardware is

Amd Turion 64 dual TL 50/60 (no sure right now)

4gig ram

ATI 1250/1270

80gig hd

basically is one dell latitude d531

and I tryed installing it about 4 times,,, and during the installation

no problem,, but when It finished the installation and go to restart,,,,

it keep restarting forever,, looping,,,

now I`m trying this steps, and I hope I get it works cause I have no system in my laptop...lol...

my version is 10.5.4

and one more thing,,, I cant find nowhere in the bios those configurations above..

thanks ....

• 1 month later...
Hey everybody!!! As you well know iDeneb v1 is out. I have spent some time trying to install it on my machine. My first impression is great. I had no problems installing and fixing minor bugs on my computer. I have decided to write a guide on how to install iDeneb on Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P.

It is in a sense better then Kelyway 10.5.2 install for me because i don't have to separately install 10.5.3 combo update and 10.5.4 update. iDeneb is already 10.5.4 and it does support AMD machines.

Here is what you need:

• For installing OS X you will need iDeneb v1.0 OS X DVD (Also, buy a retail version at least). I cannot tell you where to get iDeneb. Google it.

• Drivers (Kext) - http://www.mediafire.com/?5azpbt8gsfq

• Shut Down Fix - http://www.mediafire.com/?o5c1upoq39d

1. Burn your iDeneb ISO to a DVD.

2. Changing BIOS Settings:

• Turn on your computer and press 'Del' key on your keyboard to enter BIOS settings.

• Navigate to 'Integrated Peripherals' hit 'Enter' and make sure that your SATA mode is set to AHCI and not 'Disabled'.

• Navigate to 'Power Management' in BIOS and change setting from S3 (default) to S1 to get sleep and/or shut down working properly.

3. Booting/Installing iDeneb:

• Place you iDeneb DVD into DVD drive and turn on/restart your computer.

• At BIOS prompt, press 'F12' and choose 'CD Drive/DVD Drive'

• At the Darwin prompt, you will read this: "Press any key to start from CD-Rom, or press F8 to enter start up options…" You need to press F8 and type '-v' (without ') and press 'Enter' to load OS X in verbose mode. After few minutes you should see this window (see picture) Click on blue arrow at the bottom (after choosing your language of course).

19294176cb5.jpg

• Here is how 'Welcome Screen' looks like (see picture) Don't click on 'Continue' button yet. You need to format your hard drive first. Go to 'Utilities → Disc utility'.

83033126bp5.jpg

• Select your hard drive at the top left corner and click on 'Erase' tab.

• Choose 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled)' from the drop down menu of 'Volume Format' and click on 'Erase' button. Confirm the erase command.

• Click on 'Partition' tab and in the 'Volume Scheme' drop down menu choose – 1 Partition. In the Name field type OSX. Leave the format option to 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

• Now, click on 'Options' button at the bottom left corner and choose 'Master Boot Record' (MBR), click on OK and hit 'Apply' at the main 'Disk Utility' window. Confirm the creation of the 'OSX' partition. Wait few moments as 'Disk Utility' works its way through.

• Close 'Disk Utility' by clicking on the red dot at the top of the 'Disk Utility' window. You are back to the 'Welcome' screen.

• Click on 'Continue' button and hit 'Agree'.

• Select destination hard drive – OSX and click on 'Continue'.

• Click on 'Customize' button on at this window prompt. (see picture)

41867841gx7.jpg

• Choose these packages: X11; under Audio, choose AC97Audio; under Chipset, don't select anything; under Kernel option, choose 9.4.0 Vanilla or you can choose 9.2.0 Sleep (I have selected 9.4.0 Vanilla); under Network (Ethernet), choose Intel 100ProVE; under Fix (SMBIOS), choose Apple SMBIOS 800 (if your Ram is 800MHz, like mine); under Fix, select Apple PS2 Controller; under Video (NVidia), expend Nvinject and choose your graphics card, if you have NVidia video card. If you have ATI, choose the appropriate kext for your card; under Applications, choose all. Click on 'Done' button.

• After you get back to 'Install Summary', click on 'Install' (you can skip checking install DVD by hitting 'skip' button).

• Installing - wait. At about one minute remaining, it will look like the installation process got stock, its normal. Just wait.

• Here is the 'Install Succeeded' window ☺. Click on 'Restart' button.

26796695fg4.jpg

After your computer boots back in, you will see the 'Intro Movie' (see picture) and short after it, you will have an opportunity to set up your personal account. Take your time to do so.

4. Fixing minor bugs:

• You probably will have to change the resolution to your own before you do anything else. (System Preferences → Display).

• To fix your sound, you will need KextHelper. Google it. After you install KextHelper, open it. Also, open the 'Drivers' folder you downloaded earlier. Inside the 'Sound' folder, select both kext files, and drop them into KextHelper main window. Enter your password in the password field and hit 'Easy Install'. Click on 'Ok' and restart your computer. Sound should work now. If it doesn't, try to reinstalling kext files again.

• Your restart should work fine. However you might have a problem with 'Shut Down'. Try shutting down your computer. If your screen goes dark, but some of the fans are still working, you need to install 'Shut Down Fix' (I have included the download link). Here is how you fix it: 1. Install CHUD.pkg; 2. Open Finder and navigate to Developer -> Extras -> PreferencePanes and double click on "Processor.prefPane" to install it for all users. 3. Install "PowerOff fix". You are set! Try turning off your computer, it should be ok now.

That's it! You have 100% working 'Mac'. Take your time to explore, customize, and simply enjoy the beautiful OS.

Consider buying a Mac if you really like it ☺

Hey, I need help please. I have an Asus P5Q3 Deluxe motherboard, Asus EN9600GT, and Intel Core2 Duo E8500. My problem is after the installation of ideneb was complited. I get a screen that telling that I have to restart my computer. I did, but it happened again after I boot. can somebody help me, PLEASE!!!!!:)

Everything installed right, and it begins to load, when suddenly, of nowhere it freezes. When I do -v, it tells me

[font="Lucida Console"]Mac Framework Successfully Initialized

Using 10485 Buffer headers and 4096 Cluster IO buffer headers[/font]
(DOS CURSOR)

Then it's the DOS cursor except it's frozen right where (DOS CURSOR) is in solid state meaning that it is stuck in one position and is no longer flashing.

This is really frustrating, and I can't relax until I'm done. I'm using iDeneb 10.5.6 v1.4. Some help would be appreciated, my Email is phonecakes@gmail.com

My build is custom, including the following:

Asus P5QC

PNY GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB

2 Gigs of DDR2 667

Intel Core 2 Duo 2533 MHz 2x3 MB cache

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Macciti,

Nice Article. I was able to install iDeneb Mac 10.5.5. But I've a couple of issues which I hope you can clear.

After installing I rebooted the system, I get the error 'Still waiting for boot device'. Then I booted the system using the DVD with parameters 'rd=disk0s1 -v' and it booted successfully.

1. What should I do in addition to boot directly from the hard disk? I tried copying the mach_kernel from the DVD to the root but it didnt improve the situation.
  2. I also tried editing the com.apple.boot.plist file to include the above parameter.

This did not seem to resolve the issue. Is there anything I should do in addition?

Thanks,

Ajay

• 3 months later...

Hello macciti

I tried you guide to setup iDeneb 1.4 on a EP35-DS3P with no success.

I followed all your step but it looks like it doen't work with 10.5.6;

Here come a screen shot if any body can give me a clue on what to do next...

post-120757-1243808773_thumb.png

Thank you in advance for Help

• 2 months later...

Won't shut down or restart.

Installed iDeneb 1.5.1 on Gigabyte EP41-UD3L and everything works great but it won't shutdown or restart. Any ideas?

In Terminal this works "sudo shutdown -h now"

But if I just use the standard shutdown command the screen goes black but my box is still powered up, lights on fans running.

Thanks

Powel

• 2 weeks later...

hi i followed this guide for the v1.6 10.5.8 and everythign seems great, but when i try to use photoshop, my computer lags up and gives me the spinning wheel of death and freezes.

my xbench scores are 170 and the disk score is 70 so im confused.

any ideas?

when i had used kalyway before and was on 10.5.4 i never had this problem

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I also need some help!

I have:

- iDeneb 1.5.1 (and 1.4, on different DVD-R discs)

- Gigabyte GA-P35-S3 + Core2 Duo + 2GB RAM

- SAMSUNG HD161HJ (149 GB) SATA HDD

- Toshiba/Samsung TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183A SATA DVD

I tried the HDD unpartitioned, partitioned without file system, and with FAT32. I also tried different AHCI settings in the BIOS setup. The installer stops with I/O error, when trying to reach disk0s2 or disk1s2 (this part is after writing some ethernet addresses in hexa). No other drives were connected (USB, IDE, SATA...).

Any ideas?

post-165978-1258929485_thumb.jpg