2gb ram

broadcom wireless

Conexant Modem

Sigmatel audio

Intel 965 vga card

creative webcam

Microsoft Human interface device

is this supported?

I've the same Dell 1525 and this guide helped me a lot - read/follow the comments , also helpful

http://www.espressoreport.com/83/dell-insp...k-pro-tutorial/

Well, you're always gonna have a few issues when you're hacking an OS. You can't expect everything to work perfectly, but as you see, it works 99% perfectly. It's a trade-off thing. Give it a shot and see how you feel about it, you have nothing to lose!

thnaks again and can u please tell me the command to try vanilla kernel before boot, I heard it was just "vanilla" smile.gif
Well say mach_kernel1 is your patched kernel, and mach_kernel2 is your vanilla kernel, in your root directory, then you would type in "mach_kernel2" at the darwin boot screen. Basically you just type in the name of the kernel you wanna boot. But Vanilla kernel ought to work on that chip.

I got sleep working in an Acer laptop by following a link in Macgirl's Dell laptop thread - a very nice+informative guide. I also saw this sleep guide, in the Tutorials section.

not to thread jack, but the only problem I am having so far with the 1525 2.0Ghz is after applying the Kalyway 10.5.3 update I hang on boot with a USB error and firewire error. 10.5.2 boots, and that is what I am going back to for now, to see if I can get wireless working with it.

Looking at Methamp's sig, it seems like an awesomely compatible laptop. I don't know what's the problem?

You have working:

• Wireless networking
  • Sound
  • Ethernet
  • CPU - Full support vanilla kernel + both cores
  • USB
  • Firewire
  • Graphics - QE/CI