Develop a screen-locking app.

3 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm new to Mac development. I've been doing some stuff with Mono on my mac, but almost nothing that runs natively on it.

A client of mine is needing an application to control how much time his employees are using the computer and, in some conditions, lock their screens showing them a specific app or a web browser (and only that), allowing them to use the computer only if they do an action on that browser (or something like that).

Can anyone help me with this? Or, at least, tell me which API should I look to create this full-screen-locking app on OS X?

Thanks!

Zaiden

Hi! I'm new to Mac development. I've been doing some stuff with Mono on my mac, but almost nothing that runs natively on it.

A client of mine is needing an application to control how much time his employees are using the computer and, in some conditions, lock their screens showing them a specific app or a web browser (and only that), allowing them to use the computer only if they do an action on that browser (or something like that).

Can anyone help me with this? Or, at least, tell me which API should I look to create this full-screen-locking app on OS X?

Thanks!

Zaiden

Their is Parental Controls in System Preferences. Lets you choose what apps to use when. Don't know if that much help. 20080811-n7s6xyqkax66mndyr49c1f745e.jpg