GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0) from Gigabyte

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I´m quite new to hackintoshs, though did lots of reading in these forums. I'm planning to build my second hackintosh based on this GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0) mobo.

It looks really complete and powerfull, but still can`t find any experience of any type about installing os x on the mobo. I'm planning a boot-132 leopard installation, and read some succes in this P45 chipset, but have no clue about firewire, 8111c ethernet, Ich10.

Any help will be appreciated, because is not a cheap mobo.

Also I would like to ask for the Intel DP35 DPM mobo, which is also available in Chile, where I live.

by the way....Thanks a lot!

I have that motherboard, and by the moment I could boot and install OSX86 with DFE BOOT and retail DVD, but not with another installation DVD (Kalyway, Leo4All v3).

I guess you used GUID partition scheme, right? It looks like Retail DVD gives no big problems with this board.

Edit: I could boot Kalyway, iATKOS and Leo4All v3 without problems, I am trying this method right now.

Yep, did a GUID partition scheme, and leopard just installs easy, through Sata burner. This board is awesome, really complete and powerfull, my only issue now is getting QE/CI in my 8500gt, I'll try what suggested in other post, adding efi strings (efi studio) after 10.5.4 update and check any nvinject. But seems weird to me because installed under the same procedure 10.5.0 leopard on a G31M-S2L INTEL and with 7300gt and no trouble for enabling QE/Ci with efistudio. Now with my GA-EP45-DS3R as soon as I reeboot after adding the strings, mys system crashes. By the way, I'm using Kabyl-Bumby iso.

Thanks!!!

Neat, everything is working, installed 10.5.4 update, then edit efi strings and voila! working ok, also add rtl1000 kext for further support on bonjour issue of this nics and great! just missing AlC889a to work and some stupid bug that doesn't let screensaver to start automatically, this mobo rocks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am a complete newbie to osx86, so please forgive my lack of knowledge and asking any questions you might find trivial. I recently bought the same board(Gigabyte EP45-DS3R) and I managed to start the retail leopard installation after booting the machine with grub-dfe boot cd. The installation never finishes, it hangs with about 4/5 minutes remaining. If I forcefully power-down the machine and reboot, leopard does come up.

I was following installation procedures outlined by tseug for EP35. After the installation, I tried to install the 10.5.4 combo updates(MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.4.dmg). The combo update installs fine, but after the reboot I get the gray screen with the rotating timer. Needless to say I didn't get to the point of installing efi-studio.

Please feel free to share your installation steps in detail. Thank you kindly