Xbase Beta Testers

7 posts in this topic

I'm developing Xbase, a database app for OS X. More information about it is here:

http://www.xbaseapp.com

If you'd like to beta test, first register on anthill, my development portal:

http://anthill.fileability.net/register.php

After you've registered, click download latest and then click the download button. Please submit bug reports, no matter how minor (Help menu > Report Bug...). There's also a sample database included (Help menu > Open Sample Database). If you have any problems, just post below and I'll try and sort them out.

That's it, enjoy!

Umm, I like it, I think, but I just created a little database and all of a sudden I cannot enter the 'Form Data' view for one table of the database and have no clue why :angel:

Umm, I like it, I think, but I just created a little database and all of a sudden I cannot enter the 'Form Data' view for one table of the database and have no clue why :hysterical:

I've just noticed that beta 3 seems to have an very annoying bug with table creation (which beta 1 didn't have). I've uploaded a new beta which fixes it. Use automatic update to update it to beta 4, then try recreating your tables and try again. This may be contributing to your bug.

There also seems to be a bug with switching to form data view if your table has no fields. Try deleting the form it created, adding fields and trying again (but upgrade to beta 4 first otherwise you won't be able to add records).

Thanks for testing btw :hysterical:.

EDIT: I've fixed the bug with creating tables with no fields apart from id now too. Expect it in beta 5 in a couple of days.

I do not know whether I just did not find the feature yet, but it would be pretty cool if you could change the type of an input field and not have to delete it and drag in a new one, e.g. by right clicking on it and having a 'Change type'-submenu or s/th like that... other than that, seems to be a cool app, just haven't ever used any kind of database apart from mySQL and will need some more time to figure out how everything works :thumbsdown_anim:

I do not know whether I just did not find the feature yet, but it would be pretty cool if you could change the type of an input field and not have to delete it and drag in a new one, e.g. by right clicking on it and having a 'Change type'-submenu or s/th like that... other than that, seems to be a cool app, just haven't ever used any kind of database apart from mySQL and will need some more time to figure out how everything works :P

I've put it on the list of feature requests ;)