How to tweak PCIe 1x to 4x

Lucifire.Luke

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

This is another of my problems i have got a Blackmagic Decklink Card which would work on the PCIe 4x slot only i suppose so. I figured this out as the card works on the 4x slot of the original Apple Mac Machine and the card works on the Intel D975XBX board both of these mobo's have the PCIe 4x slot and now my ASUS P5LD2VM-SE only has the PCIe 1x slot and the normal PCIe 16x slot and their are 2 other PCI slots.

Now as the topic of this post questions how to tweak PCIe 1x to PCIe 4x. Now is that possible and if yes how would i go about it in the motherboard that i have if any one has tried it on a differen motherboard please let me know whatever the board is and what all procedure did you do.

Thanks and Regards

Luke

Hi Xfidelity

Aint that cool now i did'nt know that

Aint their any other way that i could may be tweak the 1x slot and make it run as a 4x because then i would'nt be able to put my graphics card anywhere.

Thanks And Regards

Luke

• 2 months later...

That would not work.

PCIe lane widths are "defined" by their length (well, actually the amount of pins, but blah blah blah). So trying to fit something into a slot a quarter of the size is a bit mad. I hope you haven't already tried it.