Logic 8 BIG QUESTION - Help please!

nexenta

4 posts in this topic

Hello Logic 8 users,

I use Leo4 all v3 distribution for a while now (already updated to 10.5.4) and evrithing works like a charm.

I use a AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ with 2 Giga ram and 250 GB HDD. Also I use EMU 0404 USB sound card.

Recently I installed Logic 8 on my machine. Installation was a success but..

My problem is that it seem that Logic uses only one CPU instead of two and when I simply play let's say piano instrument the CPU rises to much almost at maximum. In my opinion it uses to much CPU power and the clips and pops appear after a short period.

Everithing in my configuration is ok. I configured the maximum buffer size for optimal performance but still eats to much processor power..

Can someone please tell me is it realted to the fact that my machine is a AMD based machine? Or I don't have to much RAM?

Interesting is that the Activity Monitor shows that the CPU power is ok (in a avarage range) but the Logic still eats alot.

Is it some optimisation tools for cpu in order to run Logic 8 normally? Is it a Logic 8 bug? Should i gice a try to Logic 7 instead 8?

I runned into no ideas after days of searching on internet..

Can someone please help me in this?

Many many thanks!! :D

• 8 months later...
its just reporting it wrong go with real feel not stats.

Sorry for this late response but I was busy with other stuff not twiking around ;)

Still in last 3 weeks I made some tests regarding the Logic 8 on hackintosh and I must conclude that at least on my machine I will not be able to have Logic running out of pops and clicks due to processor overloading. Still seem that a good quality can be optained using Kalyway kernel from 10.5.1 or 10.5.2

With leo4all the v2 seem to get better performances comparing with the higher versions. On iDeneb 10.5.5 the results are low. Also using the Mmobdin 9.4.0 kernel the preformances are a little better and the same as 9.2.0 speedst. kernel. Nevertheless this issue bother the real Mac users and Apple does not seem to have an ear for them. The updates 8.1 and 8.2 does not help. Infact the 8.2 update make the things wors. Again this is regaridng my dual core 3.8+ AMD based machine. Anyhow on intel the performace seem to be by far better. So I just stoped for now searching for sollutions on this and focuse myself on the projects. At the end of the day is just a matter of taste if you use logic or cubase.. the results counts.

Fair well.