Kalyway 10.5.2 fully working on Toshiba P-205

conjure1

2 posts in this topic

Almost fully. I got it to run the following:

QE/CI on my built-in X3100. When installing Kalyway, I chose the X3100 driver, but it was not recognized. I then installed this file, from Simcolor : http://rapidshare.com/files/131281009/Archive.zip using Kext Helper b7. I just dragged and dropped all the files from the archive to this tool.

Result: after rebooting, Sleep works, but I ticked off the option put the hard disk to sleep when possible, and also put the computer to sleep, because I don't care about those.

Built-in Wireless. Intel 3945, did not work at all. So i bought a cheap D-Link DWA 110. I ticked the option RT2500 in the wifi cards in the Installation menu, and I downloaded the driver of this card that you can find here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/131282019/DWA-...2144809__1_.zip

Result: USB wireless works, and I do not have the shut down problems.

Built-in webcam, Chicony 2.0 works in iChat, I can see video, take a snapshot, but so far I haven't been able to broadcasst maybe because of the connection in Lebanon is too slow. But the cam is visible in yahoo messenger as well. Photo Booth does not work, yet. I have already ticked Macam option when installing the DVD.

All softwares running smoothly: Photoshop, iPhoto, Quicktime HD, iTunes, iWorks, DVD.

What does not work:

The audio jacks, I cannot output audio to my ipod earphones.

Photo Booth

Built-in wireless 3945 intel

Sometimes the Cover Flow option in Finder makes the system heavy, but this I corrected by going to Disk Utility, Verify Disk Permissions, you will see that all the graphic kexts need repairing, I repaired them, and restarted, and now it works great :D

If I can help in anything more, I will

• 1 year later...

Good day sir. I am trying to fix my internet problem with Kalyway 10.5.2.. i was wondering if you could help me out with this. I would very much appreciate your help

I just bought a new D'link DWA-110 hoping to successfully fix my no network problem with 10.5.2... I wanted to ask you what specific steps did you took for you to get your network working.. i have tried following your guide but i must have missed something along the way. Perhaps you could share a step-by-step guide to successfuly make this wireless device work? thank you.

Almost fully. I got it to run the following:

QE/CI on my built-in X3100. When installing Kalyway, I chose the X3100 driver, but it was not recognized. I then installed this file, from Simcolor : http://rapidshare.com/files/131281009/Archive.zip using Kext Helper b7. I just dragged and dropped all the files from the archive to this tool.

Result: after rebooting, Sleep works, but I ticked off the option put the hard disk to sleep when possible, and also put the computer to sleep, because I don't care about those.

Built-in Wireless. Intel 3945, did not work at all. So i bought a cheap D-Link DWA 110. I ticked the option RT2500 in the wifi cards in the Installation menu, and I downloaded the driver of this card that you can find here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/131282019/DWA-...2144809__1_.zip

Result: USB wireless works, and I do not have the shut down problems.

Built-in webcam, Chicony 2.0 works in iChat, I can see video, take a snapshot, but so far I haven't been able to broadcasst maybe because of the connection in Lebanon is too slow. But the cam is visible in yahoo messenger as well. Photo Booth does not work, yet. I have already ticked Macam option when installing the DVD.

All softwares running smoothly: Photoshop, iPhoto, Quicktime HD, iTunes, iWorks, DVD.

What does not work:

The audio jacks, I cannot output audio to my ipod earphones.

Photo Booth

Built-in wireless 3945 intel

Sometimes the Cover Flow option in Finder makes the system heavy, but this I corrected by going to Disk Utility, Verify Disk Permissions, you will see that all the graphic kexts need repairing, I repaired them, and restarted, and now it works great :)

If I can help in anything more, I will