Bundle with Evga mobo

5 posts in this topic

I am considering a Novatech bundle comprising a EVGa668i motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 + 2x 1024Mb 800Mhz PC5400 240pin DDR2. This will be added to my existing Nvidia Geforce 7600GT graphics card.

My aim is to dual boot Vista and Leopold on this setup.

Before I blow all that cash I just wanted some assurance that it is a good hardware basis or would anyone suggest a different motherboard?

Cheers

I'd rather go with Dual Core + 4GB / 8GB RAM + 8800GT/GTS/GTX. If you wanna stick to Q6600 why not go for Xeon 3220 or 3230 better workstation powerhouse price difference is very minimal wit Q6600...

Motherboard it's advisable to go from any 965 chips to P35 chips, the current p45 chips are very minimal difference in performance / price ratio btw by the time nehalem come out there'll be another transition as it's incompatibility with current release mainboards...

Spend wisely...

Post links to your hardware if you want more specifics- the motherboard mainly.

Right off the bat, an nVidia motherboard chipset (which eVGA mo-boards will have, since eVGA is nVidia) don't make for the best Hackintoshes, if they work at all.

By the way, there's not much difference between a Q6600 and the 32xx LGA 775 Xeons. Performance is practically identical, the Xeons are a little more picky about which boards they'll run perfectly in, they'll stand about 10C more heat than the Q6600 (but they don't actually OC higher) and the name sounds cooler.