Kalyway 10.5.1 Stopped Working! :(

latin_l3oi

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

Can some one help me?!

I was just video editing a moment ago in Final Cut Pro, when it crashed while it was rendering.

The computer was fully not responsive, so I did a cold reboot and now Mac OS won't boot.

It stops booting at the Apple Loading Screen... anyone have ideas what could be wrong?

and/or how to fix it?

Hi,

Can some one help me?!

I was just video editing a moment ago in Final Cut Pro, when it crashed while it was rendering.

The computer was fully not responsive, so I did a cold reboot and now Mac OS won't boot.

It stops booting at the Apple Loading Screen... anyone have ideas what could be wrong?

and/or how to fix it?

At start-up, you'll see the Darwin Bootloader. It tells you to press any key or hit F8 for start-up options. Do the F8, then try any of the following options (don't type what's in parentheses):

-F (force loading extensions)

-x

-s

-v (verbose mode, will show you where any errors are happening - be patient, sometimes it stops and thinks for a while before going on)

? (will show you all the startup options)

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the OS (without reformatting the partition, if you want to save all of your files and apps). You also might want to try installing a newer version - kalyway, iAtkos, and Leo4all have 10.5.2 install disks. I'd try kalyway first, since there are more install options to customize it to your hardware, and seems to be alot of support for it here on the forum. I think Leo4all would be my second choice....

Best of luck

hello mac_maestro,

Thanks for the advice, though no luck. I've tried typing -F at the Darwin Bootloader and it stayed for about 15 minutes at the Apple Loading Screen, so I rebooted it.

This time the bootloader didn't load, instead a blinking cursor appeared for about 5 minutes then a message appeared:

"EBIOS read error: Device timeout

Block 58839 Sectors 64"

and this message repeats every 2-3 minutes.

This doesn't look so good, is there a way to repair this?

try with -v instead of -F

You can see exactly where the bootloader gets stuck... take a photo of the last operation it does or note it down... post it here, someone (not me, im a noob) can help you...

Hi pritthish,

I can't seem to upload photos at the moment, not sure why.

I've been searching on Google about this problem and have found that people have been getting the: EBIOS read error: Device timeout

Though their problem lies within corrupted/unreadble CD/DVD Drives, my issue lies within my hard disk; the darwin bootload doesn't even load.

Hey pritthish,

I have tried reinstalling, though it hung there aswell.

Therefore I'm currently running SeaTools (Seagate Hard Disk Diagnostic Tool) and it has found 2 errors at the moment.

The diagnostic test will finish soon in about a half hour.

I'll post the results.