it's possible to run bootcamp in hackintosh?

pomket

9 posts in this topic

excist a possible to run bootcamp in hackintosh?? I have a hackintosh installation with chameleon efi, and bootcamp doesn't works

i'm interested to emulate bootcamp, but i don't have the necessary knowledges to develop or help developing this in osx86 scene

If you have chameleon, you don't really need Boot Camp.

I have 2 partitions, one Leopard and one vista. When the Darwin Bootloader shows up, I click any key for options, and I see my Leopard partition and my Vista partition (it has a weird name - mine is called SQ004680V03 for some reason, although I never named it that).

So if you have a windows and a mac partition, and you have chameleon, that's all you have to do.

does anyone have parallels or vmware fusion working on their hackintosh with a virtual vista or xp install??

Not sure what you mean by virtual install, but I have Parallels running on my hack. Use xp, vista and ubunto linux. Just install and away you go.

Not sure what you mean by virtual install, but I have Parallels running on my hack. Use xp, vista and ubunto linux. Just install and away you go.

erm, screw that lol... basically, i have vista/osx dual boot already.. would it be possible to use parallels or vmware fusion to run osx along with the [already installed] vista in coherence mode or sth??

erm, screw that lol... basically, i have vista/osx dual boot already.. would it be possible to use parallels or vmware fusion to run osx along with the [already installed] vista in coherence mode or sth??

It is possible, I used to run that way. After my last "upgrade" I decided not to, but in the docs with Parallels, it tells you how to do it. Simple actually, provided that you have both installs on the same disk. I'd 'splain, but it was a while ago. Try it with Parallels and if it fails, I remember that it tells you where to look in the docs. That is what i did and it worked.