Almost there with Kalyway_10.5.2

hysteriah

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm sorry if this is already answered... I'm posting this while I'm looking through this great forum for a solution. :)

First of all I have to admit that I've never layed my hands on a Mac before so I'm totally new to this... and ofcource I'm verry curious to find out more about this OSx that everybody is talking about. But I'm a totally newbee so please bare with me if I'm asking stupid questions or I'm doing some really stupid things here... :angel:

WHAT I'VE DONE:

I downloaded and installed "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd" (and I'm not even sure if this is Leopard or Tiger :) )... and to my big surprise it all seemed to go really fine. There was no big problems during installation (except that I had to move my DVD-RW from the "Jmicron" controller to external USB and some stuff like that). Anyway. I managed to install it. When the installation was finished and the computer rebooted, everything was still fine. The Darkwin bootloader comes on screen, then the OSX starts to load... and then there comes up picture on my screen from a wizard that sais "Before you begin bla bla bla"... and my mouse and keyboard is working... and I even hear some great music from my speakers... Everything seems perfectley fine... BUT...

THE PROBLEM:

When this wizard comes to the step that sais "Do you already own a mac?" bla bla bla "Would you like to transfer your information?". I select the "Do not transfer my information now" and I click on the "continue" button... then the wizard simply loops back to the beginning... to the first step that sais "Before you begin". I can't finish that wizard in any way... :D I guess my MacOS desctop is laying right beneath that wizard but it won't come up. I feel that I'm sooooo close... but still so far away from seing this OSx in function :(

So... is there anyone with any idea of what I'm doing wrong here? :P

My hardware is like this:

Asus P5K motherboard

ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro

I've disabled the Intel SATA controller in BIOS and I'm using only one harddrive, external harddrive connected to the eSATA "Jmicron" controller... and I've configured this as the primary (and only) boot device in BIOS.

If it's possible I really want OSx on external drive until I get femiliar with it... and disable all other drives in BIOS... so I can be 100% sure that I don't screw up anything on my other drives... and ofcource I'm going to buy it (a real Mac) if I like it ;)

I hopy any of you have a solution for my problem.

Thanks... and best regards :)

there are countless posts on this issue.

one of the solutions is to enable serial port (Com1) in BIOS. Search for "welcome loop" to find more solutions such as going into command line and tricking as if the wizard is completed, etc

Thanks, Gujal :unsure:

I solved it now ;)

I just went into BIOS and loaded optimize defaults... then went to the settings for the Jmicron controller and set the "Jmicron controller mode" to "AHCI"... and now it seems to work fine :)

Now, I only have one small problem... and that's with the onboard ethernet controller from my Asus P5K motherboard that doesn't work in OSx. Windows device manager tells me this is an "Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller". I really don't know anything more about it. Anyone with any ide on how to make this ethernet controller work with OSx?

Thanks again :)