Sonic Core (formely Creamware) comes to OSX

BlackCH

6 posts in this topic

It seems Sonic Core (formely Creamware) is about releasing a new version of the Sonic Core Platform software (formely Scope Platform). This version is the number 5 and it seems it will be compatible with OSX (finally!). So for all of us that still have one of those boards that could be great. I contact them to ask about it. They say the new software is compatible with Vista/XP/OSX and can run all the old DSP Pulsar boards.

Now the question is if we will be able to run the software/PCI boards on ours hackintoshes or not. I risk to say that we will; they are also releasing a new audio interface 'SCOPE XITE-1', that is compatible with intel-macs and I like tu assume that uses the new Sonic Core Platform software too...

Will see.

there is their page:

http://www.sonic-core.net/en/home/home.html

They still dont have proper support of hardware mix controllers. DOnt know what they are thinking sometimes.

Fantastic products in some respects, but in others they are still struggling to catch up to what everyone else was doing back in 2001.

I agree, but the routing/mixing/conectivity features are very good; you can integrate almost any piece of hardware/software laying around in your project. Also some of the virtual instruments/plugins sound excellent. ...Isnt Powercore, but it was much more affordable back then. I produced a lot of music with it in the past and then I swich to OSX so I had to stop using it. I dont know why they got stuck with Os9 and never developed a OSX version of the software.... Anyway, Im hopeing I can use it again; will be the perfect complement to Logic 8....

Well, the SonicCorePlatform v5 will be released together with a new audio interface (scope-xite 1), compatible with OSX (intel). Basically it is an external module that connects via ExpressCard or a PCI-e card to the computer. It is said that the new software is compatible with all the old PCI cards too, so maybe is safe to asume that we will be able to use them on our hackintoshes...

I would say if the drivers for the xite-1 are the same used to support older PCI cards we are good. If they have specific PPC drivers for the older cards then we are screwed....

Nevertheless I contacted them and explain the 'hackintosh situation'; the guy at the technic support said that is pretty possible the card will work; but that they cannot tell for shure 'cos they cannot test it propperly. He was a bit elusive about details though.

The release is planed for the end of the month.