Wireless for Leo - I'm dying

deroitudo

3 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

I have installed the Kalyway 10.5.1 on my laptop (Acer Aspire 3640) last week, but I could not find the wireless driver for my laptop.

I don't know much about the hardware, so anyone here who are pro please feel free to help me this time.

What i am needing now is a link to download the driver for my laptop.

see my laptop detail so that you might help me quicker.

====

Networking

Infrared 10/100, Integrate Network Card, Integrate Wireless LAN

IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

=====

Thanks to all!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everybody!

I have installed the Kalyway 10.5.1 on my laptop (Acer Aspire 3640) last week, but I could not find the wireless driver for my laptop.

I don't know much about the hardware, so anyone here who are pro please feel free to help me this time.

What i am needing now is a link to download the driver for my laptop.

see my laptop detail so that you might help me quicker.

====

Networking

Infrared 10/100, Integrate Network Card, Integrate Wireless LAN

IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

=====

Thanks to all!

You need to say what card is installed in you laptop, or else we cant help you...

• 5 months later...

hello hope you are still active magnat2.

i have the same laptop model with deroitudo (acer aspire 3640). i also have the same problem as him. what is under neath the laptop is the wifi model. note also that it is not a card or a pcmcia that is attached to the laptop but instead it is built in. The name suggests that the wifi is an Atheros AR5BMB5 and in windows it is detected as Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter. Hopefully anyone can shed some light on a driver.

Also another problem is the sound, by the way i installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and got a working sound out of the box default settings install. But there is no audio input. Hopefully somebody can shed some light also.

And lastly is the graphics driver for ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M. the default install works but i can only get 1024x768 and i think a very poor open gl performance.

hello hope you are still active magnat2.

i have the same laptop model with deroitudo (acer aspire 3640). i also have the same problem as him. what is under neath the laptop is the wifi model. note also that it is not a card or a pcmcia that is attached to the laptop but instead it is built in. The name suggests that the wifi is an Atheros AR5BMB5 and in windows it is detected as Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter. Hopefully anyone can shed some light on a driver.

Also another problem is the sound, by the way i installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and got a working sound out of the box default settings install. But there is no audio input. Hopefully somebody can shed some light also.

And lastly is the graphics driver for ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M. the default install works but i can only get 1024x768 and i think a very poor open gl performance.