Keyboard issue, slow responses & random 7s, solutions?

pphi

5 posts in this topic

So I'm running a Sony VAIO TXN-15 and if I type really fast, sometimes the key taps won't register. Also other times, I'll type a letter and a "7" will appear instead.

I originally installed 10.5.1 Kalyway, updated with both Kalyway's 10.5.2. and 10.5.3 and then updated to 10.5.4 with Apple Updates. And its been buggy since the first install.

I would say that the keyboard is more of annoyance but still usable. Anyone know if I have to replace a kext or tweak a plist to fix this bug? I don't recall having these issues when I was running JaS10.4 last year at this time.

Thanks!

So I'm running a Sony VAIO TXN-15 and if I type really fast, sometimes the key taps won't register. Also other times, I'll type a letter and a "7" will appear instead.

I originally installed 10.5.1 Kalyway, updated with both Kalyway's 10.5.2. and 10.5.3 and then updated to 10.5.4 with Apple Updates. And its been buggy since the first install.

I would say that the keyboard is more of annoyance but still usable. Anyone know if I have to replace a kext or tweak a plist to fix this bug? I don't recall having these issues when I was running JaS10.4 last year at this time.

Thanks!

I'd get a string of 7's that wouldn't stop sometimes, especially after trying to wake from sleep. I think that was back with a 10.5.1 install (I think it was iAtkos).

Try a new install of the complete Kalyway 10.5.2 install (not the update) preferably on a USB hard drive and start up from that. It has been the least buggy install or update ever for me (I've tried about 8 or 10 different ones, starting with JaS 10.4.8).

Best of luck. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

I'd get a string of 7's that wouldn't stop sometimes, especially after trying to wake from sleep. I think that was back with a 10.5.1 install (I think it was iAtkos).

Try a new install of the complete Kalyway 10.5.2 install (not the update) preferably on a USB hard drive and start up from that. It has been the least buggy install or update ever for me (I've tried about 8 or 10 different ones, starting with JaS 10.4.8).

Best of luck. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Personally, I'd rather have something I can patch. I'm not sure if I really want to go through having to blow my whole installation and restoring everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I also have been experiencing prolems with wireless keyboards 'missing' keystrokes. I haven't had the random '7' problem tho.

Try disabling any legacy USB support in BIOS.

Also after logging in, try unplugging then replugging in the keyboard/receiver. I'm not sure if it just in my mind, but it seems to be helping.