KARaidl

10 posts in this topic

I second that mate.

Have read heaps of different posts and tried them all, but still no luck.

I'm running Kalyway 10.5.1 with no updates apart from the sound patch which I got to work.

My ethernet won't work either (broadcom no MAC address problem) so I'm totally stuffed.

Please help anyone.

Cheers,

Dev

I second that mate.

Have read heaps of different posts and tried them all, but still no luck.

I'm running Kalyway 10.5.1 with no updates apart from the sound patch which I got to work.

My ethernet won't work either (broadcom no MAC address problem) so I'm totally stuffed.

Please help anyone.

Cheers,

Dev

have your guys go to see this one ???

it is official driver ... but make sure that your network card chip is Ralink RT2500 .. IT WORKS PERFECTLY FOR ME ..in fact too perfect for me to find a problem to fix...^^

http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

I've tried all the official drivers but none of them worked. I even made sure I repaired permissions after each uninstall and used the "-v -f" boot flags whenever I rebooted. I've heard that the official drivers are only for PPC, but heck if I know. All I do know is that I've seen people in other threads that have gotten their cards to work and the wiki says it is possible.

they works for me, RT25XX and I have a little AP LIST windows come up each time when I start my OS X ..very buggy though

and the card is actually on the second one of the screen cap ..

http://forum.insanelymac.com/uploads/month...09471_thumb.jpg

in this topic

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114605

unless they have customized their additional requirement before purchase from OEM, I am sure the official driver will work ..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think your tutorial applies to my model of card. Or does it apply to a range of network cards? [Edit]: God, that was a stupid question. It's obviously just for Broadcom cards. I don't understand your reference to RT52xx.

hahaha

Hi, sorry about the confusion, no correct necessary, you were right, my tutorial are for BCM 57XX only

However, what I was referring to wasn't the BCM cards,

IF YOU TAKE A CLOSE LOOK on my screen "shot", the second card (EN4), USB-Ethernet card, was actually RT25XX card .. NOT BCM

and that is what I want you to look at.

and the reason is tell you that , I USE the driver download from RALINK official driver website...and it works for me, so you can try too ..

anyway, I am sure you have your way to figure it out .. good luck ..

Thanks for the feedback fellas, but I too have downloaded those drivers and still no luck.

As you can see I still a newbie at this, so is all i had to do was jsut install these, no cammand prompt stuff like i saw for your BT instructions?

Cheers,

Dev

• 2 weeks later...