Asus G2P Lappy

144 posts in this topic

There is a plugin

in /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle

that has this sring in the info.plist 9dc7b780-9ec0-11d4-a54f-000a27052861

if you delete that string ... might have luck with what you look for.

Test that ... cheers

As a second thought ... that device is controlled by BIOS ... and starts straight as the LOGO comes up ... and in Windows you can turn it off only from Direct Console ... If someone can make a small application for osx that can make the same as the one from Windows ... it will make all easier.

Also you can try turning it off from windows then boot to osx.

Or make a combination of those 2 solutions

So, I am again with you =)

Succesfully updated on 10.5.7.

Also bought Time Capsule - awesome thing.

Waiting for Snow Leopard for G2P =)

Here you go for Snow Leopard Video for Asus G2P

The install is more or less the same as Leopard Retail

Also you will need from 10.5.8 the Atindrv and this kexts AsusG2P_SL_video.zip to place in the Extensions folder of the System.

Also some useful files for boot, System and Extra necessary ...

I'll not give all the informations now ... i'll let you to discover how simple can be to install and have it running :(

Problems that might overcome:

- keyboard but you can fix it using the files from above link.

- battery

- sound ... use the latest VoodooHDA and delete the retail AppleHDA

- when you boot ... in order to load the Atindrv use -x32 or -arch=i386 ... depending on the bootloader you use

That is all about SL

Cheers

Friend gave me a DLink DWA-110 usb Wi-Fi card =)

But I still cant turn it on =(

Tried RTUSB D2870-1.1.1.0_D71w-1.1.8.0a_D2500-1.1.3.0 UI-1.5.1.0_2008_06_13.dmg drivers, but Wireless utility says that "no device"...

Looks like you need some more ...

Try following this guy HowTO

there is a section about wireless ... and something about RT2500 that has to be installed

Cheers

Problem solved, thanks.

But I have no wi-fi status in menu bar (where clock, spotlight, etc), how bring it there?

I think is not possible because is not controlled by system ... should be the application that comes with to show some kind of status. I'll look for some more info about ... and post later.

I think is not possible because is not controlled by system ... should be the application that comes with to show some kind of status. I'll look for some more info about ... and post later.

Yeah, I have application, which was with kext. It allows to choose network and etc. But icon in menu bar I think much more better ;)

As I understood - Mac OS thinks that I have no internal Air-Port card, so no icon?

Disappointing... But thanks again for help :) You are really saviour of all G2p users =)

It's me again :rolleyes:

I decide to install Windows 7 instead of my Vista, but I afraid that after installing in might kill chameleon and I will have to install mac os again...

Now I have chameleon + mac partition + ntfs partition with vista. What I should do to install win7 without problems?

if you have installed chameleon on EFI partition just re-make the partition active after installing Win7. same procedure if you have the boot loader on root osx partition.

use HirensBootCD

cheers

Hello righteye ,

I want to know if the asus g2p users can put their machine in sleep mode (suspend activity) ?

And want to make it works ?

Cuz i really need this fonctionnality(at the university).

Thank you

Here not working ... not with edited DSDT not with USB fix ... not with power management fix ... not with patched kernel

The machine can not be waken from sleep or deep sleep for some reasons.

Sorry budy

if you have installed chameleon on EFI partition just re-make the partition active after installing Win7. same procedure if you have the boot loader on root osx partition.

use HirensBootCD

cheers

it was a very bad idea...

I launched acronis disk director sute and looked on my partitions. They looks like this:

- EFI header

- Mac Os partition (active)

- 200mb of free space

- Vista partition

- 200mb of free space

I started installing windows 7 on Vista partition. Installation was complete, but after that... Nothing loaded at all. I set Mac partition active again, but no chameleon appeared. Win7 also don't want to load if it's partition active. Just black screen and blinking _ .

So... Really don't know what to do.... Reinstalling and copy mac os from backup is the worst thing, I hate this procedure yet :P

Win 7 is the gratest evil in universe!

It crashes chameleon in all cases. Even if partition with Win7 was backuped, than restored - it's changes active partition anyway. Reactivating previous partition not helps - chameleon just not working...

I'll try the way with saving mbr part of hdd, if helps I write here.

I have no another idea how to install win7 and Mac on one hdd yet.

I found solution.

It's a little crazy, but I didn't invent something else.

So, win7 + Mac OS Retail is possible after installing Acronis OS Selector. Step by step:

1) Create partitions

2) Installe Win7

3) Installe chameleon and Mac OS

4) Installe Acronis OS Selector

5) In AOSS chose "Turn of AOSS" and chose Mac OS partition as default

So it's working! =)

Righteye, I understood that I need your help with wi-fi. After reinstalling Mac and installing D-Link DWA-110 software again I have a bug. USBWirelessUtility which helps to config networks just not launching. It appears in dock for a second and closes. Previously it worked. I used software from ralink.com

Righteye, I understood that I need your help with wi-fi. After reinstalling Mac and installing D-Link DWA-110 software again I have a bug. USBWirelessUtility which helps to config networks just not launching. It appears in dock for a second and closes. Previously it worked. I used software from ralink.com

You need the parched application ...