Forgot to install any OS Selector, Need some help!

logiqu

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I used to use acronis disk suite OS selector to get into both leopard or xp everytime. But this time on a new PC, i forgot to install the OS selector, before installing leopard 10.5.2.  So now i am stuck in leopard, which it boots into every time. How can i boot back into my XP partition?

Thanks

You should be able to boot manually into your Windows XP hard drive via your bios and/or bios boot selection popup menu. I'm not too good with boot loaders, but you should be able to install one even now but if not like I said try to select your Windows hard drive as boot and that should work.

i am afraid the bios boot setup didnt work, cause this is only ONE HARD DISK (with 2 partitions) :)

maybe something is wrong with the darwin boot loader? cause i set 2 pcs with this 2day, and one has the option by darwin to select the XP partition. But this pc, when loading leopard automatically, it asks to press any key if i want to select, n the following list of partition to chose in the next screen doesnt have my XP partition.

(only the third partition i set to use both by mac/windows n this leopard partition is shown, xp partition missing)

am not at all familiar with chameleon, nevertheless am reading into it. In the mean time if you have anything to add regarding chameleon, say like what i need to do, i'd really appreciate it.

Hey, just solved it! Using a Vista CD, i loaded vista setup, then clicked the repair button near install option and got to command prompt. Next using diskpart, i got to my XP partition and selected it as Active and restarted. Bingo, now everythings working fine.

Thanks for your help guys :(