Flashing Ati Radeon X1900XT PC version

!Shaun!

3 posts in this topic

If i flash my X1900XT's rom to the one offered to me on the strangedogs website will it even work in osx86 (PC motherboard). I know bout fire gl not being supported but wasn't if the rom change would make a difference to the card except make it better supported in osx. It's here http://themacelite.wikidot.com/wikidownloads2 go to Original ATI Intel ROMs section it's in there.

I've had enough of changing kernels back to 9.2.0 on an update to shutdown because every other patched one won't shut down and this is making my iPhone not work with my computer :2cents:

Flashing the rom if it worked would be great as i could shutdown on any kernel and use the iphone.

Thanks, Shaun

Thanks for the reply, i need to get a fix for my shutdown on different kernels, i'm stuck as to why it fails to shutdown correctly when i change kernels :P

I use vanilla by the way... are there any of you out there who have a perfect shutting down card on any vanilla kernel as far as current 9.4.0?

I assume the problem is linked to graphics... shame sucha nice card. Would an 8800 GTX fix my issues as far as shutdown on any kernel?

Finally i've used both kext drivers and efi strings for this card, both have this problem.

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Thankyou people.