key remap app?

conroy101

9 posts in this topic

I really need to find a keyboard remap software, as one of my keys does not work at all. But i haven't been able to find any applications that work on leopard yet. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.pqrs.org/tekezo/macosx/keyremap4macbook/

Don't let the name of the app fool you. This works excellent with any Mac/Hack with a usb keyboard. It won't help you with remapping nonstandard multimedia function keys and such, though.

I fixed the problem with a keyboard layout maker called ukelele.

And vaptoratx, I have a dell laptop and the g key just fell off sometime last year. The only way to use it is to put like a really really small electric charge into the g key connector. I just remapped it to that key in the corner with the little squigle as I don't remmeber the last time i've used it.

What model Dell laptop? Austin is the land of used Dell parts. Junk stores I frequent have Dell laptop parts literally by the bushel. I'm sure I could find you a keyboard for like 5-10 bucks. I replace Dell and Lenovo lappy keyboards (people spill {censored} on them) for customers all the time. Never had problem finding them. Would be no big deal, I go to the junk stores all the time. PM me if you want me to look for you.

Guest ѕиоѡ

Ukelele remapped my keyboard and Quickeys made all the media keys available. I even have a key for empty trash, take screenshot, repair permissions, calculator, safari bookmarks, mail, adium and zoom in PS.