Install latest Leo4All on Dell Latitude D430

Jaytee1326

8 posts in this topic

I'm booting the CD and trying to get to the installation but EVERY time I boot it, just when it's about to load the Mac GUI installation screen, it goes black and I cannot see anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make it visible?

Thanks

Plug in a monitor and finish the install. After installing get the patched AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext which will get the display on to your laptop screen

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
i am having the same problem, have you had any luck with that ?

I got my d430 installed fine with iDeneb, On the first boot I get a black screen due to a bug in the graphics card driver, there are a few hacks to fix this.

You need to know the partition number of your disk, eg, the first partition is disk0s0 the second is disk0s1 etc.

On linux my OSX partition is /dev/sda2 which is the same as disk0s1

The easiest way is to boot from the DVD again instead of the first boot, but at the prompt where it says 'press any key to boot from dvd' press F8 and then type in the following:

> rd=disk0s1 -v -f

where disk0s1 is your OSX partition,

This should boot you into OSX, then open up System Preferences and go to 'Expose/Spaces'

and set a hot corner for 'Sleep Display'

Once you've done that, then you can boot normally and just move the mouse into that corner to turn the screen back on. Very annoying but as I say, there are better fixes like this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi.. that is very good news. Have you managed to get wireless working as well? Thks.

Yes, everything works except sleep/suspend. I got an Atheros and a Broadcom wireless PCMCIA card working perfectly as airport cards, The integrated Intel 3945 wireless card does not work properly for me and doesnt support WEP (and doesn't integrate with the airport tools).

I've been playing more on linux the last few weeks (just got save sleep working in linux yesterday)

The D430 really is much more responsive (and has better hardware support) on linux than on windows. Under XP it runs like a dog with all the extra disk access. OSX seems alot smoother too, it has quite alot of cpu horsepower but a slow disk.

I would however reccomend 10.5.6 rather than 10.5.8 as get quite a few kernel panics for random things.

I have finally got my pcmcia working, Still not got sleep/wake from hibernate working yet :-/

Basically I used the second most recent IOPCIFamily and IOPCCardFamily from Chun-nan's Post.

More details on my site here along with the kext downloads from my server:-

http://www.darkspace.org.uk/drupal/?q=node/92

Hi.. that is very good news. Have you managed to get wireless working as well? Thks.