Help on installing Leopard to HP pavilion t3320

Longitud

4 posts in this topic

Hi.

First post so please don't shoot me. :thumbsup_anim:  Don't know if this might be better placed in the "Post-installation" forum?

I have come to a dead end with my install on my computer.(I've searched and learned alot of the different terminal commands from the forum so thanks to you all) ;)

I had this projekt on ice for a while but started to try a Leopard install.

At first I think I had a JaS tiger installation on it (very sluggish and no sound) and got a hold on Zephyroths 10.5.2.

It installed great and booted upp the first time but stupid as I were I did a apple software update. You all can guess how that ended. :P

After getting that "hold down the power button to reboot" I started with a fresh install.

After that I haven't manage to get the installation to boot on the HDD. I always get kernel panics or "still waiting for root device".

One odd thing is that I tried the Leo4allv3 disc and it would say "still waiting for root device" upon boot but when i patched it, it started and I thought I was out of the woods. but no. Depending on what I select in the installation it will always panic or get the still waiting for root device error when booting the HDD.

Is that something anyone else have been in contact with?

The usual panic I get now ends with "backtrace terminated invalid frame pointer 0". Or is that maybe not the real panic it's saying there?

If there is anyone with a similar computer please post what disc and what installation-options you selected.

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2,2GHz Venice (SSE3)

Motherboard Name: MS-7184 (MSI)

1,7GB RAM

ATI Radeon Xpress 200

Northbridge: ATI RS482

Southbridge: ATI SB400

Realtek ALC658C 6-channel CODEC chipset (AC97)

Lan Realtek 8100C

GeForce 6200SE Turbocache

using wireless USB keyboard and mouse

Have SATA HDD's but they are unplugged and installing from IDE-DVD to IDE-HDD

(edit: my spelling is terrible!)

Wohoo! :P

just woke up to a working Leopard installation! (writing from it now)

Thats been a frustrating week with my computer.

Installed a 10.4.4 version with a combo update to 10.4.6. With a few AMD patches.

Don't know who made that disc.

Then I took Zephyroths 10.5.2 disc and choosed just the Toh 9.1.0 kernel in the installation options. Nothing else.

Now over to the parts that don't work. sound doesn't work and no kexts are installed for the graphics card.

I'll look this upp and come back to you guys if I get stuck with that. :(

• 1 month later...

hey, I have an HP Pavillion a1250n with the same chipset as you. How did you get yours to install? Can you give a few more details? Did you install it over an existing installation or what? Thanks for your help.

hey, I have an HP Pavillion a1250n with the same chipset as you. How did you get yours to install? Can you give a few more details? Did you install it over an existing installation or what? Thanks for your help.

hmm... sorry but I have given up on this system. too sluggish. :P

I had a IDE HDD. the SATA disk wasn't recognized (spelling?)

Did the installs on a formatted disk. Think a had some succesful installs with Tiger already installed also.

Zephyroths disk wasn't any problems with besides performance.

took about 10min just to start and about 3h to install.

When I got to install on a ASUS P5K where it was like 10 times faster to install then I got quite tired of that HP computer. :D

Anything more I might be able to help you with? :P