Just installed kalyway 10.5.2, need some help

Mithris

3 posts in this topic

So, I decided to install Leopard today onto my intricate hardware setup to see if I could get it working.

After disconnecting all of my HDDs and setting an IDE HDD to master and DVD IDE as a slave, I was able to install Leopard with no problems.

It was only after I was able to boot into Leopard I discovered quite a few problems I'd like to ask you guys about. Since I haven't read up about the details about how this all works yet, I'm not really sure what I need to do to remedy all of my Leopard problems.

My hardware:

4GB Ram - CORSAIR XMS2 SDRAM DDR2 675 (PC2 5400)

Mobo: MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Proc: Intel Pentium D 940 Presler 3.2GHz LGA 775 Dual-Core Processor Model BX80553940

Vid: Radeon x1800xt

Software used:

kalyway 10.5.2

My problems:

X11 crashes everytime I load it. I think this is because my video card drivers are not supported (X1800XT), because my resolution is fixed at an ugly 1024x.

I can't tell the mac to connect to the internet via an ethernet cable. I believe this is because the drivers for the onboard LAN card are also missing.

Anytime I try to use migration assistant, the PC will lock up about three minutes in. I already own a macbook pro with a killer set up that I'd like to migrate (it's 10.4 tho...) and really wish I could get this to work.

Other than that, I think all the hardware isn't really being detected.

I did burn the image at max speed, but I think the only thing that might effect is the x11 crashing and not all the hardware problems.

So my question is ... what do I do to fix this? Or where do I go or what should I look for to even start to fix this? Are there better install packages? Something I forgot to do?

Thanks, alot.

-Mith

I'm having the same lan problem, it appears to be working and tells me its "Connected" with green letters... but only when I enter IP manually and dont use DHCP. But even though it says that I still cant for the life of me get the internet or the actual lan itself to work. I'm on a MSI P6N SLI V2 (cheaper version of what you got, but with the same chipset and onboard lan). Tried a lan card that fit in one of my PCI slots but leopard didnt recognize it. In fact, it doesnt recognize ANY of my PCI cards what-so-ever. Oprah, what do I doooooooo :offtopic:

Sorry for being so NOOB, but can anyone point me into the detailed guide of installing Kalyway 10.5.2 ? I mean, iATIKOS and Retail didnt work for me.

Iam never done that, but Iam not all that noob in PC's since ive working with them for 10 years, just that I never came to such a installation.

Please would be great,

Some step by step guide, the sticky ones on the top are all for Retail DVD install.