Wont install Kalaway 10.5.2

Pletch

11 posts in this topic

Alright, i downloaded, burned, put in the CD and it loads to the Darwin loader thing, i hit enter, it reboots my pc, and with any other thing (such as -v, -f, -s, etc.) does not work, just reboots my pc and goes back into the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using? Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8 ?

Did you boot the speed step kernel? It is the only kernel with SSE2 support that you can use at DVD boot.

The read me explains it all.

Even if you have chosen a kernel at install, you can still try the others kernels after installation ! (same thing for dvd boot except that only modbinkernel , speedstepkernel , kabylkernel and nforcekernel are available as boot options !)

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type the kernel's name you want to boot with :

sleepkernel (intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

speedstepkernel (intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

nforcekernel (intel/sse3)

modbinkernel (intel/amd/sse3)

vanillakernel (intel/sse3)

kabylkernel (intel/sse3) with sleep support

I've tried to boot with sleepkernel and with speedstepkernel at Darwin's prompt but nothing.

I've tried to boot with the "-f" command but after about 1 minutes of loading there's the reboot of my pc.

UPDATE: same problem with Leo4all v3, the only version that work on my pc is an old ToH beta of Mac OSX Leo.

I also have Kalaway 10.5.2 and haven't even been able to make it through the installer! Everytime I boot off of the DVD, it comes up with a multi-lingual message saying I need to restart the computer...it never makes it to the installer screen.

I've installed JAS 10.4.8 before successfully on my machine...the only spec changes I made since I had Tiger was adding a ATI Radeon HD2600XT AGP card. Here's the rest of my specs:

AMD athlon 64 3000

Nforce3 250

1gb DDR400

ATA100 120gb harddrive

Would like to try Leopard!! : )

Hi,

I also have no luck installing Leo on my Pentium 4 HT(Northwood). I also have the reboot issue....

I tried different kernels speedstepkernel,sleepkernel (which should have sse2 support) and some switches -f -v

without luck.

My system specs are:

Pentium 4 HT(Northwood) 3.2GHz

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Bios 1024.001

1024 RAM DDR2 Corsair CMX512-3200C2

ATI Radeon 9200SE (my Sapphire 9600XT is defect since a few months)

IDE DVD and HDD Drives

What is causing these reboots? A wrong kernel? My IDE Controller?

I have installed Tiger 10.4.7-11 without any problems. (Jas...)

I want to use the IphoneSDK and this can't be installed under Tiger so have to switch to LEO.

Any ideas? Is it possible to install Leo with this motherboard?

• 4 months later...