Kalyway 10.5.2, cannot complete installation.

JerichoKru

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I managed to finish D/L-ing the Kalyway (labeled as: 10.5.2 Intel/AMD EFI V8) DVD (after a total of nearly 3 days +)

When I go to install it, it gets all the way to the "Use <insert language here> as your default language" screen and cannot proceed any farther because my keyboard and mouse do not respond.

Is there something I did wrong?

System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

2 GB of ram

ATi 2600XT

an empty 60GB HD to use for install

and a standard PS/2 Keyboard and mouse

How do you know that is your keyboard and mouse who had problem ??

You can had just a screen freeze and its another problem

when you switch your Power button less than one second, do you have power panel to choose STOP,REBOOT options ?

If not, you have freeze problem, and you can try another release or reburn in slowly speed your DVD

well, you may be right....but, during the lines of code that show up before then, it shows something about the PS/2 being "timed out"

...not to sound stupid...but how would wasting another DVD to burn it at a slower speed make any difference?

I say that because I already try to install Kalyway release on friend PC's and he had same problem, his keyboard and mouse don't work !!

I spend a longtime to resolve this problem and one day I read on this forum that it's was possible that my DVD had burn problem !!

I burn another DVD and now his computer work very well with Kalyway 10.5.2 release.

You understand now;)

But i'm not stupid, it's ONE solution but this solution cannot work with your problem !

For the burn speed if you read some topic to install Leopard they advise you to burn in lowest speed especially if you burn on windows !!

Can you post your screenshot error in verbose mode and I can try to help you a little more :P

Here are 2 screens I got before it gets to the language selection screen ( couldn't get the earlier stuff because it went by too fast )

Sorry about the quality...so I hope you can read it ( blame my camera and crappy monitor )

I could try getting better images, or the coding before this if you require it.

If you don't find anything wrong, I'll re-burn it on a lower setting ( i used 16x, highest the DVD I burned it on can support )

100_0920.jpg

100_0922.jpg

Guys, need much help from you, now I am getting discouraged.

First of all, my setup is:

Main board: Intel D865PERL

Processor: Pentium 4 2.4GHz (Instruction SSE2)

Memory: DDR 1256 MB

Video card: GeForce4 MX 440 SE

HD SATA Maxtor 160GB

The first version that I downloaded was the uphuck 10.4.9.

I've recorded this version in a DVD-RW

I installed normally, but after the startup screen appeared a message sending restart the system and nothing happened.

Installed several times trying different configurations, but nothing has changed.

Then I downloaded to upgrade the bios and updated the bios.

I did again the entire installation process, but nothing has changed. Each "resettlement" I did I used the option to delete the partition again that I was using, through the utility of the disk installer.

After that the downloaded version Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.

I formatted my DVD-RW and save the image of the same DVD version.

But when I went to boot in this version, it appeared those first lines, but it's time to change screen, where the letters are a little different (think entering graphical mode) the pc simply resets itself.

Nothing also, or putting the options "-v-s-x", raised with each one and with all these options, but the only thing that changed was that appeared more texts before restarting.

Then I downloaded the version Leo4allV3, formatted my DVD-RW again and save that image in it. In the boot still happening exactly what happened with the previous version: after the initial lines of text, where would the screen to another pc restarts.

Apparently this is not the images of the system, because not encountered anyone who reportasse this problem.

The point is that I have a bad connection, and not One would be looking for dozens of versions that is out there, is very expensive, slow and disappointing to me.

Please, I need help from you.

Anyone who knows me or help der an explanation of what is happening be very grateful!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an operational install now....but on an older tower.

It installed and worked perfectly an an eMachine from 2005....but it wouldn't install on my Acer from late 2007....

I didn't even get the keyboard error.

Just one question now, Could I do the Combo-Update from Apple Software Update, or do I have to find a "Fixed" version?

Older tower Specs

AMD Sempron 3100+ 1.9 GHz (shows up as 1.8 in "About this Mac")

1.5GB of DDR Ram

60GB HD

Nvidia Geforce 7600GS 512 AGP

You need to get the Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo update.

As you are on AMD CPU, you can never use Apple's OSX updates directly. You can also use Zephyroth's AMD update utility to install Apple patches which will remove the CPU id checking and install