VIA VT8237S Southbridge chipset - any drivers?

6 posts in this topic

I have an Asus P5VD2-VM SE mainboard and it uses VIA VT8237S as southbridge chipset. I've tried both Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4allv3 final but neither of them could recognize my SATA controller so I couldn't install OSX.

Anyone knows how to get it to work? Thanks much in Advance.

• 1 month later...

I get that sometimes with Kalyway, a few people do. I do not think it has anything to do with the SATA controler. I just reboot when it happens and it eventually boots into Leopard. It may take 2 or 3 attemps tough.

RAIDENII and RJAY2.. I am using exact same motherboard and I can't get mac to install on it. once the disk picks up the and starts to run, it gives me error message "still waiting for root device"

Would appreciate any ideas on how to fix the bios for this motherboard p5vd2 vmse and how to use STEVE's patch, if my system is not even installed? how can I go about installing this patch? or should I have it on the DVD? meaning I should also find and burn this patch on kalyway 10.5.2 dvd?

Help much awaited and appreciated.

• 2 months later...
Would appreciate any ideas on how to fix the bios for this motherboard p5vd2 vmse and how to use STEVE's patch, if my system is not even installed? how can I go about installing this patch? or should I have it on the DVD? meaning I should also find and burn this patch on kalyway 10.5.2 dvd?

Help much awaited and appreciated.

Hi! I have same board p5vd2 vm se and installed by using kalyway 10.5.2.

Try this steps in BIOS configuration;

Power Menu > ACPI APIC support [disabled] > change it to [Enabled] > Hit [F10] key to save changes and exit it.

then I think you'll be able to install the DVD all the way to finish.