Sony Vaio SZ - Almost There!

rookpsu

9 posts in this topic

I have my Sony SZ-270 almost 100% hacked and in 1280x800 res running Kalyway 10.5.2, SwitchResX, and applying patches for the audio and ethernet.

(I have some untested patches for the power issue and touchpad but since I use a USB mouse and am almost always plugged in I didn't even bother with them)

I couldn't be happier. I have all my software installed and applications configured. I had no desire to touch a single thing until I realized that to install latest iPhone SDK you NEEDED to be running 10.5.3.

Ugh....

I'm looking for any and all possible advice in terms of preparing my machine, backing up, what to install (Kalyway 10.5.3 Update Combo, Office 10.5.3 release ect..), anything.

I just spent the entire day getting this puppy set up and I don't think I could handle another re-install.

Any and all advice is appreciated, and if theres any Vaio pals out there who need some help setting up their rig by all means drop me a line.

thanks,

-ryan

bump.

Anyone?

Is time machine reliable on a hackintosh?

Even if so, can it be initiated via the terminal in the event i get the dreaded blue screen and can't boot into the graphical UI?

If I were to simply backup the entire Extensions directory - in the event of failure - would simply overwriting the modified post-update extension folder with the 10.5.2 one I backed up, get me up and running?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have my Sony SZ-270 almost 100% hacked and in 1280x800 res running Kalyway 10.5.2, SwitchResX, and applying patches for the audio and ethernet.

(I have some untested patches for the power issue and touchpad but since I use a USB mouse and am almost always plugged in I didn't even bother with them)

I couldn't be happier. I have all my software installed and applications configured. I had no desire to touch a single thing until I realized that to install latest iPhone SDK you NEEDED to be running 10.5.3.

Ugh....

I'm looking for any and all possible advice in terms of preparing my machine, backing up, what to install (Kalyway 10.5.3 Update Combo, Office 10.5.3 release ect..), anything.

I just spent the entire day getting this puppy set up and I don't think I could handle another re-install.

Any and all advice is appreciated, and if theres any Vaio pals out there who need some help setting up their rig by all means drop me a line.

thanks,

-ryan

I have a Sony Vaio SZ230P and have not been able to install OSX86 or Aitkos 5i because my system freezes up after the disk finish loading the installation files. I can get as far as the OSX86 or Aitkos 5i welcome or setup screens and no further. When I press the continue button to proceed with the install the whole system is frozen. I have to reboot my laptop in order to remove the DVD from the drive. What am I doing wrong? I have check my system configuration and from everything that I have researched I should be able to install either of these versions of OS X on my system. Please provide me with a solution to this problem.

I have a Sony Vaio SZ230P and have not been able to install OSX86 or Aitkos 5i because my system freezes up after the disk finish loading the installation files. I can get as far as the OSX86 or Aitkos 5i welcome or setup screens and no further. When I press the continue button to proceed with the install the whole system is frozen. I have to reboot my laptop in order to remove the DVD from the drive. What am I doing wrong? I have check my system configuration and from everything that I have researched I should be able to install either of these versions of OS X on my system. Please provide me with a solution to this problem.

I used Kalaway but regardless, until 3945 wireless drivers are ported, I wouldn't bother with it.

Keep tabs on this site: http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/

I used Kalaway but regardless, until 3945 wireless drivers are ported, I wouldn't bother with it.

Keep tabs on this site: http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/

Thanks for the tip about the 3945 Wireless drivers that need to be ported over. However I still would like to know why my system freezes up as soon as the initial setup files have been loaded and the installation screen appears. Someone said that he had a similar problem and asked if I have an Nvidia chipset. The fact is that I don't. I have a Mobile Intel 945GM Express chipset and I know that it is compatible with OSX86 because other people with this chipset have successfully installed it. Even if the 3945 wireless drivers are ported over to OS X, I would still have an install problem. So I would GREATLY appreciate any help I can get in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Even if the 3945 wireless drivers are ported over to OS X, I would still have an install problem. So I would GREATLY appreciate any help I can get in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

I know this thread is a bit old, but just in case: have you tried reburning the install dvd at a lower speed? I had the same issue with IATKOS v7 and only succeeded on the 3rd burn.   :)

Ugh....

thanks,

-ryan

I got sony vaio SZ5 with nVidia Corporation G72M [GeForce Go 7400] (rev a1)

Can u help me with this graphic board?

• 9 months later...