If you brick your Broadcom based card

Guest BuildSmart

5 posts in this topic

Guest BuildSmart

In someone's attempt to modify their Broadcom based wireless adapter they managed to brick the card.

The card was sent to me and after spending a few days working on it I was able to find a solution to revive the card.

If you have a card that you bricked, send it to me and for a small fee (plus return shipping) I'll fix it.

If for any reason I am unable to repair the card I will refund the fee and return the card.

Fees for insanelymac.com members $14.95

Fees for non insanelymac.com members $17.95

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest BuildSmart

Post a how-to???

It's to simple of a process to write a how-to but OK, try this out.

First, buy a decent multi-PLC programmer that supports in-circuit programming and then buy the in-circuit adapters for the various chip configurations.

Then you buy a similar card or find someone else who has one and they let you borrow it so you can get a dump of it.

You read in the working card, you write out to the bricked card changing the MAC address (listed on the card) and the card is revived.

My choice of programmers is PACE, yours could be anything, just make sure it supports the devices you wish to program and also allows for in-circuit programming cause purchasing decent desoldering equipment to remove these chips cost more than $10k.

It's simple enough, the programmer comes with software or can be operated as stand-alone and usually includes instructions, cheap ones cost around $350.00 and might work, good ones like the PACE are around $1200.00 and better ones can cost much much more.