OSX86 Tool and Kexts

7 posts in this topic

Well i got the new tool and i must say, i absolutly love it, but i have run into one problem when trying to install kexts

i am sure it is my configuration and not the tool

When i first tried installing the Kext for my network i navigated to it and clicked install but then after i picked the correct hdd it said something then volumes/mac already exists

and then i cant remember what the second line said

i tried picking MAC as the hdd as it was on the list but then it says its not a drive

is there a way to remove it or get it to work

i can post screen shots if needed

thank you

Please post screenshots so I can sort out this issue, thanks ^_^ The installer only installs the kexts, if the kexts don't work for you that's a problem with the kexts. BTW, the new kexts might not do anything if System/Library/Extensions.mkext is there. Try deleting /System/Library/Extensions.mkexts and reboot. Also, what are the name(s) of the kexts you tried to install?

Use Command + Shift + 3 to take a shot of the entire screen, or use Command + Shift + 4 to select an area to take a screenshot of. Or you could use the Grab utility in Applications >> Utilities to take screenshots.

P.S. Would like to get this sorted out today because after today I won't be here for another week ^_^

• 2 weeks later...