Blue Screen Hang

guh

5 posts in this topic

I just recently purchased an Acer 22" LCD to replace my bulky 19" CRT. Whenever I power on my LCD the system hangs at a blue screen and I have to press the reboot button on the front of my system. After that everything runs fine until I power off and power on my LCD. It never did this with the CRT. I have my machine set to never go to sleep if that is any help.

Guh

Does the same thing happen if the LCD goes to sleep or only when you turn off the LCD?

Please add your system specs to your signature. :-)

I turned off sleep. I could turn in back on and test that when i get home from work. Added specs to my signature. I now wonder if I plugged my LCD in the same DVI port I used for my CRT and if that would make any difference.

ok, i just want to clarity...

did you turn off "monitor sleeping" or "system sleeping" or both?

Also, does your LCD monitor have a USB port and is that plugged into your machine as well?

Is this happening after you machine has booted to the desktop or during the boot process?

Our systems are pretty similar so as long as this isn't a defective monitor issue, we should be able to figure this out. :D

ok, i just want to clarity...

did you turn off "monitor sleeping" or "system sleeping" or both?

Also, does your LCD monitor have a USB port and is that plugged into your machine as well?

Is this happening after you machine has booted to the desktop or during the boot process?

Our systems are pretty similar so as long as this isn't a defective monitor issue, we should be able to figure this out. :hysterical:

Well Todd I think I fixed my issue. I plugged my LCD into the dvi port closest to the motherboard and it seems to work correctly now. I can now turn monitor on and off without it staying blue. But to answer your questions. I turned off both. No usb ports. Desktop.

Thanks

guh