CD required to boot

qw3rty

5 posts in this topic

I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find it searching. I installed iATKOS 10.5.1 on an old Gateway. I can only boot from the CD. After I boot, I can eject the CD and it works fine.

I tried Kalyway, and Leo4All, but neither of those would even boot to the installer. Only iATKOS worked.

You can boot from Harddisk only if Leopard was installed on the first Harddisk. If it is in the first harddisk and if the partition is active, then a Kalyway install should boot up correctly from the harddisk. If it is not look for articles on how to install EFI bootloader and install it.

If you have installed Leopard on your second Harddisk, then you need something like Acronis or Easybcd or grub to boot Leopard.

It is on the first hard disk. I still need to boot from the CD when it is on the only disk. When the CD isn't in the drive it just reboots continuously.

I went with iATKOS. USB drives didn't work with Kalyway.

edit:

I fixed it by disabling the serial port.

I think I'm having a different problem now. The computer was working fine, booting into OS X or vista. Then I restarted it and a bunch of garbled letters showed up. I reinstalled OS X and now I need the CD to boot. Without the CD it just sits on a black screen with a blinking cursor. I can't get into vista unless I unplug the mac drive.

It was working fine, I didn't change anything. Now it won't boot without the CD. I've reinstalled Kalyway and iATKOS a dozen times.