Cannot install Kalyway 10.5.2 on laptop

Drumdude234

8 posts in this topic

I have a Toshiba Tecra-L2-S022, (1.73ghz Intel Pentium M processor, SSE2, 1.49gb RAM, Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Wireless Card, Conexant AC-Link SoundCard). I tried installing kalyway but it doesnt load the disc, it stops right before it loads the installer so it just shows a blue screen. Can i install leopard on this? If so how do i make it install/work/load the disc? Thank you!

Does it really stop/hang or has it switched to external monitor (even though you may not have one plugged)

Intel GMA does silly things sometimes. Connect an external monitor and see if you can continue. You can fix the monitor issue after installation

ill try that tomorrow morning, i dont understnad how connecting an external monitor will change things becuase wouldnt it still be using the built in video card? also it hangs at the blue loading screen and doesnt do anything until i shut down the computer. ill try it in the morning though.

Well convienently I woke up this morning and tried turning on my laptop to find that it won't turn on at all, not even with the charger plugged in. I leave it charged over night so i dont really know what happened. But when i get it fixed i will try this. In the meantime does anybody else have any ideas why this wouldnt work, AND is installing leopard on the laptop even possible (is it worth it or should i go to tiger instead)?

thank you for all of your help. i downloaded an older version of tiger (10.4.6) and i cant use my wireless card so now im trying to install ToH RC2's version of leopard. hopefully this will work, i just want to use mac on this laptop causei cant afford a real mac. but my other question is, how do i get the Intel Wireless 2200 working on leopard. and also where can i find a newer version of osx86 tiger instead of leopard