Mail.app won't download new messages

beagio

2 posts in this topic

i've no idea why, but all of a sudden Mail won't download new messages from my pop email account even tho if i click on "Get account Info" it lists a load of mail waiting for me on the server. if i click "Get mail" it says "checking" and "downloading 59 new emails" but then just beeps. i havn't changed any settings, so i don't know why this has just started happening. all help would be appreciated. i'm running 10.5.2 ;)

i've no idea why, but all of a sudden Mail won't download new messages from my pop email account even tho if i click on "Get account Info" it lists a load of mail waiting for me on the server. if i click "Get mail" it says "checking" and "downloading 59 new emails" but then just beeps. i havn't changed any settings, so i don't know why this has just started happening. all help would be appreciated. i'm running 10.5.2 ;)

Is the mail server working? I had that happen once and I was pulling my hair out trying to fix it. Turns out the gmail servers were screwed up and mail was fine. Felt pretty stupid after that. lol!