Problem with iPhone...

HicksCorp

4 posts in this topic

Hello people,

My reason for posting here is that i'm totally lost with what i find on the internet. i read something, then the opposite. i read about BB versions, BootNeuter, and i finally don't understand much of what i means...

My problem is that i have recently used a tool called "Pwnage Tool" to be able to test my iPhone with the 2.0 beta firmware.

It obviously didnt work, and now i'm having an iPhone with a different boot logo (a pineapple), and with no phone / wifi functionnality.

The phone displays a dialog with "Repair Needed" -> "iPhone cannot make or receive calls."

Before that, i was using ziPhone to unlock my phone, with no problem at all...

i also noticed a strange message when i tried to restore it with ziPhone "refurbish" option which was saying "Invalid Calibration Tree" or something similar.

So once for all, can someone point me a good link / direction to be able to perfectly refurbish my phone, and then be able to "cleanly" jailbreak it (i don't need to change my carrier, just to install APPs).

Thanks a lot for your time!

Pierre.

So once for all, can someone point me a good link / direction to be able to perfectly refurbish my phone, and then be able to "cleanly" jailbreak it (i don't need to change my carrier, just to install APPs).

Thanks a lot for your time!

Pierre.

1. Turn your iPhone off.

2. Hold down the home button as you plug in the USB Cable, keep it held down while the phone connects.

3. iPhone will boot into recovery mode, itunes will promt you to recover it.

4. Remove your pwn'ed firmware from your computer, if you have it where iTunes can find it.

5. Restore iPhone to 1.1.4 standard apple firmware.

6. re-jailbreak using tools that work.

Hello Semprini and thank you very much for paying attention to my problem,

i have already tried this, and iTunes won't restore my iPhone (i have of course deleted any firmware present on my Mac to force iTunes to download a fresh 1.1.4). Here is what happens:

- iTunes unpacks the "official" 1.1.4 software, and "Restoring iPhone Software" is displayed for a while.

- iTunes gets stuck to "Verifying iPhone Software", after restoring it (i believe it waits for the iPhone to MD5 sum itself to check that the software is OK).

- iTunes starts another process "Restoring iPhone Firmware", which lasts very long (Maybe half an hour?).

- iTunes then displays an error (Something like "Error 1012" i don't remember well, i'm just back from work now).

- After this, my iPhone won't boot (it inconditionnaly switch to revovery mode).

Then if i use Pwnage Tool or ziPhone, the phone boots again normally, but no wifi / carrier...

i don't think the 1.1.4 software is messed up, i believe the bootloader or baseband firmware is... Any way to easily restore them? i had to use bbupdater and i believe this is the problem...

Thanks again for your time, if you need more information just ask me :)

Pierre.

i think my baseband is messed up, the description on this page perfectly matches my iPhone status:

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34713

What can i do?

i'm stuck at step 4, because i'm using Mac, not windows... So i don't know how to transfert files in DFU-Mode =/

Any kind of help greatly appreciated ^^

Pierre.

Ok i'm finally blocked at step 5 (i used a tool named "PhoneView" to transfert my files in DFU mode)...

When i run ienew, i'm getting this message:

Resetting the Baseband...Done
Opened: /dev/tty.baseband
iEraser for 112OTB: tool by geohot
Waiting for data...Can't write

Okay, i solved the last issue by using the very latest secpack...

So now i'm at step 6, waiting for iTunes to DFU-Restore my iPhone.

i'll say if it's solved or not in a few minutes :)

Dang!

i guess it worked :)

Thank you all anyway for your time, i home my post will help people :(

Pierre.