Leopard os wont boot unless install dvd is in drive

dr1zz1t

5 posts in this topic

So i installed iatkos 2.0, it runs very smooth got audio to work etc. One annoying problem i'm having is if i set bios to boot from the HD my OSx is installed on i just get a black screen and it goes nowhere. Now if i change bios to boot from cd/dvd drive with iatkos 2.0 install disk in drive and wait for it to timeout (10s) or hit F8 it loads up leopard perfect and BOOM im in. I've searched high and low for the solution any ideas peeps?

Hello,

I've had this problem before. I had installed Leopard using the MBR method, instead of the GUID one. A re-install fixed the issue for me but before you go ahead and do that, there might be other ways to fix this! Unfortunately, a re-install is the only one I know of!

chell

Hello,

I've had this problem before. I had installed Leopard using the MBR method, instead of the GUID one. A re-install fixed the issue for me but before you go ahead and do that, there might be other ways to fix this! Unfortunately, a re-install is the only one I know of!

chell

It can be fixed on many ways using your current installation :)

Maybe the easiest method is to get Chameleon 1.0.11 install package and voila, it should boot then.