"restart your computer in 5-6 languages" when web browsing ?

cybercow

3 posts in this topic

I installed successfuly the zepyroth 10.5.2 rev1. amd, and works great, i get gfx, lan, sound and network all 100%

lan: forcedeth

sound: appleAC97 + azalia

gfx: nvinject 0.2.0 256m / all ok / driving 2 LCD panels

i'm working in maya 2008 osx right now!

- the problem is when i browse some web pages, in some circumstances [random? often with lot of Flash or loading] i get the shaded screen with message in 6 languages that i must restart my computer. first thinked that is about Flash player, because before i installed the audio drivers i get this messages often when Flash player crashed because no audio, but now, even some pages with plain html and images generate this error. same thing is with Firefox or Safari browser.

- do anyone has this issue ? i think can be for 2. reasons: one can be unstable lan driver, the second can be something to

do with multimedia/Flash os smnting...

- i would apreciate some suggestions or help, because this is quite anoying thing

thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

I hear ya loud and clear.

I was running 10.5.2 and having lots up that screen - it didn't matter what was running - after a few hours it would come up with the restart screen, so I upgraded to 10.5.4 and I thought it was fixed but it just happened just now with while browsing with Safari, though I don't think that is the cause of the problem. It could well be the forcedeth driver. I found my AC97 is buggy too so I am using a USB Creative Xmod for sound.

I'm not sure what it is but I would probably put it down to forcedeth? I'm not sure what else. Though the lan runs fine, maybe there is a slight bug in there. I did read that 10.5.2 had lots of freezes for apple users but I would have thought that .4 fixed all that which it probably has. My lappy runs fine.

System:

AMD 3200 SSE3

NFORCE 4 BOARD

FORCEDETH DRIVER FOR NET

7300GT RUNNING NVINSTALLER .52?

I installed successfuly the zepyroth 10.5.2 rev1. amd, and works great, i get gfx, lan, sound and network all 100%

lan: forcedeth

sound: appleAC97 + azalia

gfx: nvinject 0.2.0 256m / all ok / driving 2 LCD panels

i'm working in maya 2008 osx right now!

- the problem is when i browse some web pages, in some circumstances [random? often with lot of Flash or loading] i get the shaded screen with message in 6 languages that i must restart my computer. first thinked that is about Flash player, because before i installed the audio drivers i get this messages often when Flash player crashed because no audio, but now, even some pages with plain html and images generate this error. same thing is with Firefox or Safari browser.

- do anyone has this issue ? i think can be for 2. reasons: one can be unstable lan driver, the second can be something to

do with multimedia/Flash os smnting...

- i would apreciate some suggestions or help, because this is quite anoying thing

thank you in advance.