Install Mac OSX 10.4.9

-Maestro-

10 posts in this topic

Hay,

i want to install Mac OSX on my AMD PC..

I already have a install DVD from the Internet (To**ent)

It is uphuck 10.4.9 Install DVD v1.3

When i boot the DVD, i can select a startup volume, only one..

then i type enter, and it load....

When its loaded, the system reboot, and boot the DVD again..

sorry, but, what must i do?

Sorry for my English, i'm German..

Greetingz

Sorry Maestro, that is the same thing which happened to me:

For some reason, the Darwin boot loader (The same thing which is on the install DVD) - Is NOT copying over to the hard drive...

What ya gotta do, is start the boot from the DVD, and then when it starts the count-down (where you have option to press F-) - The POP OUT and DVD as fast as yu can, and let the count down finish...

The system will THEN boot off of the Hard Disk, if the rest of the OS was copied to it:

I DO NOT know what causes this, or, how to fix it, it is probably a common problem but the solution does not seem to be readlily handy in these forums: But I still have a lot of forums to look through, and many many posts to read in my search results.

I believe I see what I was doing rong...

According to XxX's PDF Instruction Manual for 10.4.11 rev2,

To properly prepare the hard drive, you must make a FAT32 partition on your target drive: Mounting the drive with Paragon fartition manager when you are finished. (I was not doing that)

You then boot with the OSx86 install DVD, and when you get to the Blue MacOS installation screens, you nit NEXT once, and then you open Utilities>Disk Utility

In the disk utility, you SELECT THE PARTITION you just made, (NOT the entire drive) - And you do a VOLUME format.

I was doing a whole DISK format at that point...

I SUPPOSE that the Darwin stuff has to reside on a FAT32 Dos Partition, is that right?

I'll know better when I take the OSx86 10.4.11 DVD and extract the Bootable partition out of it- That way I can see what the frell it is.

;););):P:P

(I Will Know in about 40 Minutes... If this is the solootion, so hold on eh?)

Ich dachte, ich würde vor der Installation von Tiger Leopard, aber es gibt spezifische Anweisungen, die Sie befolgen müssen, es zu tun.

Sie sollten zu verfolgen, dass diese Fragen im Forum, wo sie Deutsch sprechen, so können Sie die Schritte verstehen besser, weil ich ein nicht gut zu übersetzen Englisch auf Deutsch:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=93

Allerdings ... Wenn Sie Fehler mit AMD-Systems Sie müssen sicherstellen, dass Sie den richtigen Kernel haben, wenn Sie die 10.4.5 installieren.

Ok, I just did not know if you understood my first response in english. My German is {censored}-poor too, heh?

Here, let me see:

I want to install Mac OSX on my AMD PC..

I already have a install DVD from the Internet (To**ent)

It is uphuck 10.4.9 Install DVD v1.3

When i boot the DVD, i can select a startup volume, only one..

then i type enter, and it load....

When its loaded, the system reboot, and boot the DVD again..

sorry, but, what must i do?

- I think you figure out, that you must take the install DVD out of the drive after the install...

Or else press F9 or F12, whatever your motherboard is set for Boot Options Menu.

But I glad you got it working in Dell... What Dell Model? You know, Number of Dell?

Hay,

sorry, look at, the Topic, in Leopard..

I have a Dell D600 Laptop..

I had installed Leopard..

when it has installed, then i went eating..

as i came back, the Dell was finished, and load Mac (grey apple, with a round thing^^)

now, i want to re-install Leopard, but i don't know, how..

Thanks!

Hi, I have a similar problem here..

I have a laptop with XP on one partition, and another empty partition (fat32).

I pop in Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 and boot off, press F8, and can only select the dvd. Selecting it gives a kernel panic error (Unresolved kernel trap) and freezes while booting the install. I tried that disk eject trick, but gives a missing file error.

Help?