Airport refuses to connect after 10.5.2 update

LetsgoBraves

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, first off let me say that I am sorry if this topic has been covered before. In fact, I am almost positive this had to have been covered before because it seems as though it would be sort of common. So without any further adieu, here's my story:

I installed iAtkos v1.0i r3 about a week ago. Everything worked fine on my gateway gt5408. My specs are as follows:

• CPU: Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8GHz w/extended memory 65 technology

• 4 GB RAM

• 350 GB internal SATA HD and 500GB Segate FreeAgent external SATA drive

• Controllers: Serial ATA-300 IDE

• 15 in 1 Card Reader

• PCA Express x16 INTEL GMA 950 (onboard) [not using- I have a nVidia GeForce 8800GT card installed and working with iAtkos customizations at start of install)

• Sound card: Intergrated Sigmatel 9220

Everything worked right off the bat, with the exception of a linksys internal wireless card I had and my audio. I downloaded AppleHDA v1.16 and the codec_Sigma9220.txt file from this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90747

I went out and bought the Netgear WN311B router (found at best buy, info link here: http://www.netgear.com/Products/Adapters/R...ers/WN311B.aspx) because I read it is recognized automatically by airport.

That being said, the install was perfect. I was amazed at how fast my hackintosh was. I will admit, I will 110% PC before I got my hands on an Apple Air. Now, everything for me is pure Mac. But that's besides the point. Here is my problem:

I downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.2 update. I read it was compatible with iAtkos v1.0i r3. The install went fine after a few reboots and manual shut downs etc etc. I was updated, but Airport was off. I could not find a patch anywhere or any kernels that would fix my problem. In addition to my wireless completly not working, my computer would not restart or shut down at all, let alone sleep. If I clicked restart of shut down, my desktop would disappear and everything would go blank, then black. My monitor would switch to power saving mode, so there was no signal coming from the computer, yet it did not restart. It's like a restart and/or shutdown file is missing. I have looked around for the past 48 hours, all over this site, google, and hundreds of other sites. The same thing happens if I revert back to 10.5.1 and install the 10.5.3 update from Kalyway.

When I insert my iAtkos v10.i r3 cd and reinstall it, everything is fine. All of my files work, airport is on, sound works, etc. However, my shut down, sleep and restart still do not work. This concerns me beacause when I reinstalled my iAtkos I installed the kernals from the cd. I did everthing, repairing premissions... the whole nine yards, but my shut down, sleep and restart do not work now. They were working fine (minus the sleep) with my original iAtkos install.

If anyone could help me, or at least let me know I am not the only one with this problem, I would appreciate it. I hope I didn't give too many details. Thanks guys ;)

well there is 30+ views because people are reading it and thinking if they know anything that will help so you can't say their are no answers since people are trying to help but don't know how, people can't help you without reading it.

you could try using the sleep kernel to get your sleep, restart and shutdown. or http://www.netkas.org thier is a fix for shutdown and restart. Idk about your router problem sorry about that.

Okay thank you for the information.

Update: Still no solution for the airport wireless issue. Sleep kernels did not work. This is killing me, I really want to get it updated to 10.5.3.

If only I could sell my dirtbike and hp notebook to get a real macbook..

Okay thank you for the information.

Update: Still no solution for the airport wireless issue. Sleep kernels did not work. This is killing me, I really want to get it updated to 10.5.3.

If only I could sell my dirtbike and hp notebook to get a real macbook..

I have a possible solution for the Airport issue, as I too have a WN311B installed in my machine and had a similar issue.

I noticed that when booting from a install DVD (Leo4All v3) I think, the Airport Icon was showing and sure enough all the usual networks in range were there, in OSX however it just would no longer work.

The solution that finally worked for me was Spacklewoofs one here.

To summarize install AppleACPIPlatform.kext (1.0.3) and AppleAPIC (1.1.0) from you install media and see if it helps

Joe