Vista (Drive 1) and Kalyway Mac (Drive 2) dual-booting

7 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I can't seem to dual-boot the two on different drives. Windows Boot Loader uses drive letters to link to partitions, and it does not recognize Mac OS X Journaled partitions so it does not assign it or allow you to assign it a letter. Fine. I downloaded MacDrive and it recognized the mac hard disk (which has two partitions, one for the Leopard installation (Mac OS X Joiurnaled) and the other formatted as NTFS for file storage). Now the Leopard partition is recognized as F:\. Great!

But....

I know how to use bcdedit through command prompt to change the boot loader's configuration. But what file do I link to for the Darwin Bootloader? The mac partition has no chain0 file, which file do I link to as the path of the boot entry so that Mac boots?

Thanks so much!

Elad

same problem here...mac drive appears under vista but since my macdrive trail version has expired i am not able to copy/paste files! anyone got another way to access hpfs+ partitions from windows?

got the osx partition in my bootmanager with BCD but it wont start (properbly because i didnt put any file on that hdd :()

thx

Okay, I don't think Windows can read the Mac partition until Windows actually boots, so that means it cannot access my Leopard partition to check for any file. Because I read somewhere to link to /usr/standalone/i386/chain0 and it still said that the file is missing or corrupt... And I checked with MacDrive to see if it exists. It does. Strange.

Anybody know what to do?

• 6 months later...
I gave up. I deleted the storage partition and have set the first boot device to the Leopard hard drive, which boots up Darwin Bootloader. From there I can boot to Vista by pressing enter and choosing hd(0,1).

Not bad.

How did you do that? I have two drives, vista 1st on a laptop, so I can't physically change the drive order.