patching Leopard HD for sse2

inventor2008

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Although I am new to OSX86 I recently managed to install Leopard 10.5.2 on to a USB hard drive with a kalaway disk on my schools 3GHz intel sse3 compatible HP. When I installed it, it gave me the option to install with sse2 compatibility but I didn't. Now I want it to work on a relatives Dell dimension 2400 which is only sse2 compatible, but the install disk doesn't work on their computer. So I tried just plugging in the drive with the sse3 leopard on it to see what would happen, and it does pull up the darwin boot menu but it obviously doesn't do any further, and I know it works on my schools computers so I know that it is a working install.

So is there any way to patch the already working drive so it will work with sse2, without a kalaway disk and preferably without another full and large install dvd that I would have to download. Perhaps in command prompt or some binary installer package that would patch the drive.

P.S. I have windows on the dell so I can use that to install patches, and I am normally a mac person so I also have macs at my disposal if there is a way to install this through OSX, but they are PowerPC and only have Tiger.

Thanks for any help!!!

Just swap kernel for a kernel with sse2 support..should do it !

Thanks intrax!

Where is the kernel located though and where do I get a copy of the other kernel? can I just pull it off the disk with my mac or is it hidden in some install package?

and one last question... What is it called?

Thanks!