[Unique topic] Asus A6J

4 posts in this topic

This is trying to be the unique thread about Asus A6J. Please post here successful experience for supported hardware. (using links in the forum with solutions)

Specs

Centrino Core Duo 2300/2400, chipset Intel 945PM, 512/1024 Mb DDR2 RAM, 80/100Gb HD, 15,4 TFT WXGA (1280x800/1650x1000), ATI Mobility RADEON X1600 128/256Mb (256/512mb w/ HyperMemory) AUDIO: Realtek ALC880 (same as Intel HighDef) - LAN: Realtek RTL8168/8111 - WIFI: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG - HD: FUJITSU MHV2100AT PL

Recensed users of A6Ja

funben, saturnus, bluesonic, benzini, UneeK, krick, Slaventus, sliva, nandor, nosfeh, monsharen, arijn van Braak, nuspirit, lagrossebetegoa, AHH

Recensed users of A6Jc (with nVidia video card)

JuanDiego, mr_spamers

Suggested Solutions :

(Send feedback and solutions I will try to update)

PS : Contact me if you want to be added or removed from that list

Thanks for creating the topic. I was thinking about it myself a while back. Much needed!

I never found a solution for the backlight issue except for entering safe mode which worked. I have tried both iAtkos 1-something, iAtkos 2.0 and a Kalyway release. I had the same issue with all of them. Everything else, except for wireless, seemed to work out of the box.

I have tried a few of the suggested fixes without any success.

If there is a fix for the backlight issue on x1600 mobility, please, please, please do tell! I haven't been active on the forums for a while so I might have missed a lot lately.

add: ok some questions:

is it the same EDID for all of us (the laptop monitor) or is it unique for each computer? Might be a good idea to post the correct one here if it is. EDID, DeviceID and things like that. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct one, I'll post it as soon as I have access to that computer. If we have the same, wouldn't that mean we can use the same driver all of us? That would rock.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have an Asus A6JC. You can check wireless support here. It's going to be out in few weeks. My nVidia 7200GO graphics card is running without a problem with diabolic's fix. However no webcam and mic. I can see the sound input in system preferences but i can't use it. Any idea how to make my mic active?

I've used some edited kext and taruga's fix but and azalia. However no input. Any help?

^^