iTunes Smart Playlist Crash

freekz

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I've been using OSx86 for quite some time now. And recently I installed a copy of iAtkos 2.0i. Everything works great, except for one problem. When using iTunes I've tried to create smart playlists, but when ever I do so, iTunes crashes. I've repaired permissions, but that didnt seem to help at all. I'm using a 2.66 GHz Pentium 4 on a D101GGC motherboard. I've had smart playlists working on iAtkos 1.0i r2. Thanks for any help you might give!

• 1 month later...

I also have this problem with a similar setup. I'd like to note Geo Mandell also has it here-

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...4&hl=itunes

He deleted iTunes and reinstalled it, but the problem later came back.

I have updated to the new iTunes 7.7, and have not yet crashed making smart playlists. This could be due to the old one being Uphuck-modified, or to the new one fixing the issue.

My only other suggestion is to try another distribution, or a more vanilla OS X. The Uphuck team makes extensive modifications to OS X that have annoyed me, like deleting the dictionaries. Problems occur with Adium and iTunes when they shouldn't. There's a newer iAtkos that might fix these problems, but I'm going to be exploring the retail DVD options.