Kalyway 10.5.1 won't boot past BIOS...help :(

dzap

5 posts in this topic

I got a dual-boot Dell 530s..currently running on the Vista partition. Anyway, I think I had a problem with the shutdown kernel or something as I always had issues with booting it up and shutting it down (the OSX partition), and now it won't even boot past BIOS..I can't even enter anything into the boot area (-v etc.) to make it boot..it's just stuck. I'm hoping I don't have to install it allover again because I do have some data on there..but I guess not too big of a loss. I tried searching and the only thing I could find is that if the partition has spaces it might not boot..but it's just simply named as "OSX" and the Vista partition is labeled as "Foreign Boot" ..and it's booting up fine. I really apologize if it's been discuss before but I really did try to look to find an answer and I'm still very noobish at this, and also tried the wiki to no avail. So I could really use your guys help, as it would be much appreciated :):(

You have issue with Booting Kalway 10.5.1 Or you can't boot into Vista @ MAC @ both?..please specific your problem...I can't really understand your word..If possible come up with some screenshot of your problem..Success on Mac OSX before..or this your first trial using it,..or...I can't even guess and understand your problem...

Um..okay..sorry if I didn't explain it too well...Here's what I can pinpoint for you.

1.) I'm dual-booting OSX 10.5.1 Kalyway and Vista

2.) the Vista partition works fine (that's what I'm typing this on)

3.) I've been able to use the OSX partition quite fine for the past week or so since I installed it but my Dell 530s needed some shutdown/reboot/sleep kernel, and I think I installed the wrong one causing many shutdown/reboot issues.

4.) About 2 days ago, I can't even boot anymore past the BIOS into my OSX partition. I can't really screenshot the BIOS....and I can't really give any simpler explanation to be honest..it just..won't boot past the darwin bootloader. If I enter any commands into the boot line, it doesn't take into effect...so I'm really not sure what to do.

..I hope that helps..

Do u update your Leopard?...

Well ..here some tips..use your kalway 10.5.1 DVD again..boot into it as normal..seems you wanted to install..but all I want you to do is..go to Disk Utility and repairs your disk permission. If there something wrong with your Leo..it will repair it automatically...

I suggest you flags you Leo once again..then try boot using Darwin..see what happen..coz u can repair your Vista boot loader after that..

and for your info Leo4AllV3 come with better kernel..try this method first then think of upgrade to Leo4AllV3 or kalway 10.5.2

Kalway 10.5.1 is a little buggy for me..so I choose Leo4AllV3..cool for my Acer 4315.

I suggest you use Leo4AllV3..

Good Luck