Asus Rampage?

natedogg

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've been looking all over the forum and I can't find one mention of the Asus Rampage. Does anyone have this board working with OSX86? I would assume it works as it's an x48 chipset but nobody has posted anything.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...
Hey guys,

I've been looking all over the forum and I can't find one mention of the Asus Rampage. Does anyone have this board working with OSX86? I would assume it works as it's an x48 chipset but nobody has posted anything.

Thanks in advance!

Which Rampage board? Formula or Extreme?

• 1 month later...
Which Rampage board? Formula or Extreme?

Hello

I have The Asus Rampage Extreme and can't get the sound to work :thanks_speechbubble:

My config:

Asus REX 1

E8600

2Gb DDR3

HD4670 (booting with "-x" for now)

I installed from the SL Universal v3.5 DVD and got ethernet to work with available Yukon kext.

As for the Audio, i tried at least 8 different kexts both 1988B and 2000B without succes :)

It really is difficult to find any relevant info about this board, i can see here and there that someone got it to work but A, I can't find how or B, it doesn't work for me ...

I thaught joining forces could help us both natedogg :)

Any help/info is welcome!

I've got it all to work just fine now :D

Distro i used: Universal v3.6 (10.6.2)

LAN: AppleYukon2.kext is available in the distro and works just fine for the first port.

Audio: i used the kexts in this zipfile, first delete any existing versions of those files ofcourse, and run kext utility afterwards.

Video: HD4670, supposed to work OTB in 10.6.2, or so i've heard. For now it's being recognized as a HD4890 but the graphics are smooth.

A testrun in cs:s stress test (via crossover pro 8) gave me 60fps, but in-game is very laggy ...

Getting the card properly recognized would solve this i recon.

Just my 2 cents, for those havin trouble on rampage extreme :)