Leopard with my hardware

Sheppy1

10 posts in this topic

Ok so i have just bought a new PC and i just want to know if it would run Leopard without any problems, below are my specs:

Its a Dell inspiron 530

Processor - 2.4Ghz Core 2 Quad Q6600

Hard Drive - 320Gb Sata

Memory - 3Gb DDR2 RAM

Graphics - Radeon HD 2400 Pro PCI-E (my main concern)

Dell Motherboard

It's certainly powerful enough to run it. :borg:

I'm running a machine with the same CPU, a gig more ram, & an older ATi card (Radeon x1800xt).. I'm not having much luck, but I assume that's down to my motherboard.

Unless you can find someone with the same setup as you, you'd really just have to try it for yourself to find out.

Thanks for the reply, and it's mainly just the graphics card im worried about as the last time i installed Leopard on a PC, the graphics card didnt support quartz extreme so some of the applications wouldnt run

Best thing to do would be to try and find other people who've tried with that card. (Google provides better search results than this forum's search, most of the time).

Good luck to you. :borg:

Well i was just downloading iAtkos 2.0 when i found out that to get my gfx cards working with Leopard i would need to buy a DVI to VGA convertor, well i wont be doing that so looks like i wont be installing it

DVI to VGA adapters come free with most video cards. You should also be able to pick one up for around 50p ($1) in Maplins (if you're in the UK), or on Ebuyer.com.

I don't see why you'd need one though.

hmmm didnt know they were that cheap, ill have a look then and yea i dont know why i'd need one but on the wiki it says i would need one to get it working properly :huh:

"you MUST use the DVI port w/ a DVI to VGA adapter to get things working with this card! "