I make pretty things out of nothing! Check out some of my work.

zeamp

14 posts in this topic

Everyone else is showing off their work, so let me become one with the sheep! Your opinions don't really matter because I'm a professional web developer. I run a web development firm here in sunny (rainy currently) Florida.

(Note: Some of these pages may have broken links, images, etc. which are the result of client's neglect or modification.)

http://www.comfyhost.com

http://www.send2text.com

http://www.blastdrive.com

http://www.angelicbadgirl.com

http://www.snapzzle.com

Want to create your own cool stuff using Photoshop CS3? Check out my tutorials at http://www.greyhat.org

Want me to create something cool for you? I do freebies on the side and also accept random used electronics in lou of cash. Hit up my profile and catch me on your favorite IM application during the night hours (UTC -05:00).

I really thought you were cool, BUT, "Your opinions don't really matter because..." What kind of attitude adjustment would you like?

AND

All these links below point to VERY amateurish looking sites, so I won't be too proud of them! Maybe, once you have had some "humble pie" you should ask for your training money back!

SticMAN

They don't matter because these aren't *MY* websites. I design what the clients want, not what I want. That's why I started off by saying I'm a web developer, as in, THESE AREN'T *MY PERSONAL WEBSITES TO DROOL OVER*. Anyone in the design business has numerously turned what they thought was a masterpiece into pure <I'll censor myself here> and the client said "Perfect!"

You seem to have misunderstood what I said. In no way was I being "rude." Would you like some tea to wash down that pie? I'm a minimalist. My website is http://www.espressoreport.com if you want to check it out. In no way was my original post mean to offend anyone. I even offered in the original post to do work for free for the OSx86 crowd. Come on now, I'm not all that bad now am I?

Your just a bit lame I guess. The sites are pretty flat and boring. If you take one look at the code it's pretty easy to tell you don't know what you are doing - tables are really, really, really lousy. It's pretty much the worst way you could layout a design. i bet your clients didn't tell you to do it that way did they?

Now I wouldn't normally say that but the whole "im posting my work here, but i don't care what anyone thinks" is just a really silly thing.

Your just a bit lame I guess. The sites are pretty flat and boring. If you take one look at the code it's pretty easy to tell you don't know what you are doing - tables are really, really, really lousy. It's pretty much the worst way you could layout a design. i bet your clients didn't tell you to do it that way did they?

Now I wouldn't normally say that but the whole "im posting my work here, but i don't care what anyone thinks" is just a really silly thing.

If they knew CSS they would ask for it by name. Then again, if they knew that much they wouldn't need a third party to design their sites since they'd probably know the other acronyms too (HTML, AJAX, etc.)

Ditto!!

Isn't it strange how, one wanted to blow one's own horn and ended up making an ASS of oneself?!

SticMAN

I don't eat pie!

Blow my horn? Hardly. The post was originally meant to help other designers who are creating things using their home-built Macs. I guess everyone sees something different.

Once again strange that EVERYBODY saw it different!

but let's leave it there, I think enough said.....? :P

SticMAN

The first two posters under this thread did not appear to take it like you or decypheri did. That's what I meant by the above post. So, EVERYBODY appears to be an even split of 2 / 2. Are we done yet? Jeez. All I wanted to do was help out and give back to the OSx86 community in my own way by offering my design-related services.

This almost makes me want to ignore this thread but I'm waiting for Windows XP (don't laugh) to finish installing so I can ship this laptop so I've got time. I even gave you guys Kalyway's 10.5.3 Combo Update on a public tracker. I'm not really the monster you're trying to make me out here. :P

I love it when people split hairs!

Seems your'e down to 1 /3!

StiCMAN

ps an apology costs nothing, you will only make it worse by attacking people when your on the wrong side!

and as I say, why don't we just leave it at that as you are making a monster out of yourself?

I should open a barber shop with all these hairs. I can't apologize to people who take offense to something never meant to be offensive. Saying something I don't believe will in the end cost me more than nothing. I do however know math, and 1 / 3 isn't good. So on that note, I will extend "the SticMAN apology," set forth on this Monday, the 9th of June, 2008.

I'm sorry. If you don't like what I said in the OP, keep clicking. Opinions are still being directed to /dev/null as I type this.

Can't we all just get along? :) Not only are you guys taking my extended helping hand the wrong way, but you're taking that hand and making the middle finger go up all by yourselves. It's almost other worldly. I'll never offer free services again, I promise. This has really backfired on me and caused an excessive loss of energy to reply.

:)

insert: (give him a friendly handshake icon)

SticMAN

ps as you can see, I removed all my negative comments :D

I think that's the 2nd apology of my life. :)

Mods: You can close/delete this thread if you want. :D

Auch!

You're not a webdesigner, you are a graphics artist. Photoshop made those websites for you.

I do appreciate the things you did for the osx86 community, but please don't call yourself a designer. Go study some xhtml.

Auch!

You're not a webdesigner, you are a graphics artist. Photoshop made those websites for you.

I do appreciate the things you did for the osx86 community, but please don't call yourself a designer. Go study some xhtml.

You must have skipped over some posts in here. Unless the client requests it, I'm only going to give them the very basics needed to render the site in the big 4 (IE, FX, OP, SF). A solely graphic artist wouldn't be delivering HTML, CSS, PHP, etc.

Photoshop makes websites? Do guns kill people? I wish I could outsource to Adobe's staff but alas, they are either busy with CS4 or want way too much money.

Allow me to quote myself so you can read the post you seem to be missing by looking at your above comment.

If they knew CSS they would ask for it by name. Then again, if they knew that much they wouldn't need a third party to design their sites since they'd probably know the other acronyms too (HTML, AJAX, etc.)

I only do what the clients want. If they want valid XHTML they'll ask for it. I'd say over 95% of them just want the site to work. They don't care what's in the source code or even understand most of that "website code stuff."