WILL DONATE TO ANY WORKING SOLUTIONS!

Manny0825

9 posts in this topic

Ok I have to tell a story before I can explain what I need help with. Thanks for the time.

I have 2 computers. One is in the Family room and the other is in my room. The one in my room has Mac OSX 10.5.2 (leo4all v3) installed on it. The one in the family room has Windows Media Center edition on it. It is also connect to a modem which connects to a Linksys WRT54GS v4 Wireless-G Speed Booster router. So thats how I would get internet to the computer in my room. But the computer in my room has a Netgear USB WG111T connected to it.

I wanted to know is there a possible way to connect to the internet on the computer in my room? Or will I have to buy an Apple AirPort for the computer in the Family room?

If someone replies with a WORKING solution I will donate $30 (via PayPal) to that person.

The Computer Specs

Family Room: HP Pavilion Media Center A1610n

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/hp-pavilion-media-center/4507-3118_7-32103810.html?tag=specs

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2.2 GHz)

RAM installed: 1 GB DDR II SDRAM

Hard drive: 250 GB Standard

OS provided: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

Cabinet form factor: Tower

Processor type: Athlon 64 X2

Service & support type: 1 year warranty

System type: Media center

My Room: Compaq Presario SR1417CL

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/compaq-presario-sr1417cl-sempron/4556-3118_7-31492809.html

Processor: AMD Sephron 3000

Ram Installed: 1.5 GB DDR II SDRAM

Hard Drive: 160 GB Standard

OS Installed: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (Leo4all v3)

Cabinet Form Factor: Tower

System Type: Mac

from what I can see that usb adapter is not compatible with osx. If your ethernet works on the computer in your room and you are able to move both the modem and router into your room then you could use the wireless adapter in the family room.

Is your modem a dsl or cable modem? would it be possible to connect it in your room rather than in the family room? that way you could use wired ethernet on your hackintosh, while using wireless in your family room.

for this to work you have to have wired ethernet working in osx first, which you may or may not already have.

• 7 months later...