MAC 4 PC

3 posts in this topic

I was reading about a non apple PC that came with leopard and how it's soo bad to do that and apple will prevail! But then that got me thinking what if Apple made OSX for non apple computers! And give it a catchy title like Mac 4 PC in big Bold writing. And advertise it on the TV! Make it look that you could change a windows pc into a Mac in seconds with no trouble at all and even dual boot windows and mac! But then it got me thinking what would happen to the Idea of a Mac would it just fade away and OSX would just be "Apple OS" without the mac and it just became like Windows!

What is your thought on this?

Sorry, you're not the first to mention this concept. This has been discussed, to death.

Check here.

And here.

It's a nice thought, but it's not gonna happen. Do you honestly see Apple abandoning their nice Macs and selling OS X for grey boxes? They will never do it. They are committed to the Mac. Apple want Macs to be seen as 'Special' and not just PC's, they are in control of the hardware, which avoids nasty driver problems and other issues, and they are making a nice profit on the hardware.