Loading on D505

Abi

16 posts in this topic

Hi, i have a loading problem on my Dell Latitude D505. From 1th boot the loading sequense "crash" on irq scannig. In verbose mode this is the line of the block: "AppleIntelePIIPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM0xbfa8)" (Is the HD?).

I have no usbkeys or other devices connetcted.

The installation start with winxp boot loader and it was on a primary partition of the unique disk pf the pc.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks,

ABi

PS Sorry for my bad english.

Hi, i have a loading problem on my Dell Latitude D505. From 1th boot the loading sequense "crash" on irq scannig. In verbose mode this is the line of the block: "AppleIntelePIIPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM0xbfa8)" (Is the HD?).

I have no usbkeys or other devices connetcted.

The installation start with winxp boot loader and it was on a primary partition of the unique disk pf the pc.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks,

ABi

PS Sorry for my bad english.

Well, just by taking a look at the line its a PATA problem. I would try to use alternate drivers from Darwin 8.01. I'm not sure wich ones work, but its around here somewhere....I'll look for it and post again if I find it...stay tuned.

joneSi

PS Your english is fine. <_<

I'm at work right now, so I can't try this but maybe someone else could try this:

delete appleintel* from /System/Library/Extensions

It was noted in a thread about getting it to run on a 700M, and the "appleintel"-part looks familiar to the line where we get the crash.

Note: you might want to backup the files before deleting ;)

Tried that, doesn't help. Those AppleIntelxxx extensions are graphics card extensions, not ATA extensions.

I'm at work right now, so I can't try this but maybe someone else could try this:

delete appleintel* from /System/Library/Extensions

It was noted in a thread about getting it to run on a 700M, and the "appleintel"-part looks familiar to the line where we get the crash.

Note: you might want to backup the files before deleting :)

Tried that, doesn't help. Those AppleIntelxxx extensions are graphics card extensions, not ATA extensions.

Interesting.. I haven't been able to get at viewing what exactly is in the /System/Library/Extensions directory, but perhaps we need the drivers mentioned here: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=517

Just a hunch, my technical knowledge on all this is very limited. :)

• 2 months later...

so do i understand this correctly?

open the image with vmware, delete the firewire kexts, THEN dd the NEW image onto the empty partition and boot it?

can someone detail exactly what needs to be done in what order? or are you somehow manipulating the image that is already loaded onto a partition that is not the winXP partition?

so do i understand this correctly?

open the image with vmware, delete the firewire kexts, THEN dd the NEW image onto the empty partition and boot it?

can someone detail exactly what needs to be done in what order? or are you somehow manipulating the image that is already loaded onto a partition that is not the winXP partition?

ok i fixed my last problem and i can boot all the way into OSX .....BUT....the graphics are all wonky, black and white and mad corrupted.

now you said "I edited AppleIntelInternalGraphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist to get the graphics working. Change the IOPCIMatch string to 0x35828086."

can you describe how exactly to do that??? step-by-step would be great. thanks much.

can you describe how exactly to do that??? step-by-step would be great. thanks much.

nevermind, did that and no luck. still all kinds of crappy black and white / corrupt graphics :-(

help!

theres obviously something you guys did that i am missing out on big time...

I get a kernel panic refrencing ACPIProcessor when trying to boot normally on my D505. However, with platform=x86pc, I can get to boot some of the way. It gets to the blue screen where normally a white box saying 'sStarting osx' comes up, but there is nothing. Just a blank blue screen forever. I have deleted the kexts refrenced on the HCL, but I have not patched the grahpics, as I don't know how. I have, however, changes the IOPCI string in the intelgraphicsaccelerator kext. Booting off an internal HD. Any ideas?

Other problem: my logitech usb\optical mouse doesn't work. The mouse appear turned off (no light) but i can see it in the control panel, under usb menu.

With touch pad there aren't problems.

You have to remove (or move to a backup folder) the AppleFPMemDriver.kext extension. Your mouse should then work find. The touchpad still works, however it is not recognized as such (no tapping, no scrolling options available)

now you said "I edited AppleIntelInternalGraphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist to get the graphics working. Change the IOPCIMatch string to 0x35828086."

within a console:

$ cd /System/Library/Extensions

$ sudo vi AppleIntelInternalGraphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist

scroll to IOPCIMatch, you'll see the value 0x25828086

place in front of the first '2'

type 'x' (the 2 will be deleted) type 'i' then '3' (3 in inserted) type 'esc' key, type ':wq'

if any problem occur inside vi, just type 'esc' then ':q!' and restart the editin 'sudo vi ...'

reboot and you are done.