Some Installation Questions GA-p35-DS3L

3 posts in this topic

Ok I can get OSX86 to install on my GA-P35-DS3L. Pretty much everything works. I followed one of the guides on here and it works fine with either Kalyway or LEO4ALLV3. The big questions I have is there a guide or something to tell u what to do if it screws up? I am totally lost at the Darwine boot screen as far as what all the -f, -s, or whatever boot options I have. I mean if I have a problem and computer freezes up is there a step by step guide for learning how to figure out what kext or file has corrupted my install - like if I do an update or something a long those lines and break something? I do have a real mac so I never had to manually replace kext files or anything like that on my laptop IT JUST WORKS -lol. Anyway, just curious - googled it, searched the forums but can't really find a guide or anything for a noob like myself and just what to do if I break my leo install. Thanks for any help.

cheers

Try ~pcwiz's search engine for OSx86. http://######.com/osx86search/

That generally turns out pretty good results as Google indexes this site pretty good. Also again ~pcwiz had made a app call 'OSx86 Tools' which makes all the common OSx86 tasks pretty easy. See here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=104754

If you are still stuck just create a new topic in the correct forum. Hope all goes well

With a hack, if it works, do not change anything. If you break it, the learning curve to fix it is very steep.

DO NOT update versions, eg 10.5.2 to 10.5.3, using software updates!!! This will break the install every time. Most other software updates are safe, but it is trial and error. Most people have at least two separate installs, a working version, and a test version. Only install updates on the test version. If they work, then install on work version.

If you do not wish to hassle with the problems of updates, then stick with the real thing. It is a lot easier!! I suspect most people who run a hackintosh and discover the joy of leaving the WinWorld eventually just buy the real thing. I assure you, my next computer purchase will be a MacPro.